A quick test for you

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

A quick test for you

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Here's a one question IQ Test to help you decide how you should spend the rest of your day......

There is a mute who wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing one's teeth, he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.

Now if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of sunglasses, how should he express himself? Think about it first before scrolling down for the answer...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>He opens his mouth and says. "I would like to buy a pair of sunglasses"

If you got this wrong - please turn off your computer and call it a day.

I've got mine shutting down right now.

Warmie 8)

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:41 am

Thanks (((( Warmie ))))! :lol: :oops: :wink:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:43 am

(((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind ))))))))))))))))

YW. Did you pass the test? LOL... good seeing you about.

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:25 am

I blush to admit that I didn't pass the test, (((( Warmie ))))...But, as ever, it was fun trying! :D
Good seeing that you too, (((( Warmie ))))!
I was worried about all you guys on the other side of the " pond ". The coverage of the recent extreme weather in the US, was genuinely alarming. It was a prominent news item in the UK. Particularly, the terrible damage in New York.
I've been feeling a bit low recently. " Office politics ", has rather been rearing it's ugly head at work. And, even though I haven't been directly involved, that always makes me uncomfortable. It's something I always feel that I have to approach carefully. It can be be an awkward balance sometimes. To some extent you have to " keep the peace " and get on even with a few difficult individuals, but, at the same time, you have to " speak your piece " and stand up for yourself. ( If all else fails...I can usually just bore people into submission...! :lol: :wink: )
Still, it's an unusually sunny day this afternoon, and I've missed this site, and the Corner in particular. So, I've come into the library to catch up! :D

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:48 am

((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind ))))))))))))))

Don't feel bad, neither did I this first time I read it. LOL.

The weather was horrible along the coast. I live far from it so I didn't deal with it, but my prayers were there for all the ones it did touch.

I am truly sorry you are in the situation that you are at work. It isn't easy. Trying to do your work, be the 'peace-maker' and hope all ends in a peaceful solution. You just charm them, that will work. :wink:

A special trip to come into the site. That makes me smile, thank you for that. Have missed you and really glad to know you are all right and still bringing the sunshine when you visit.

You take care, please. Will keep good thoughts going for you.

Warmie

nightfox

Re: A quick test for you

Postby nightfox » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

Warmsoul/Jeanie13 wrote:Here's a one question IQ Test to help you decide how you should spend the rest of your day......

There is a mute who wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing one's teeth, he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.

Now if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of sunglasses, how should he express himself? Think about it first before scrolling down for the answer...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>He opens his mouth and says. "I would like to buy a pair of sunglasses"

If you got this wrong - please turn off your computer and call it a day.

I've got mine shutting down right now.

Warmie 8)
man i am sooooo stupid [nightfox]

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks very much for your kind words and good thoughts,
((( Warmie ))))! They are very much appreciated! :)
You take care of yourself too, (((( Warmie)))).

PS. You're not stupid at all, (((( nightfox ))))! I didn't work it out either... :oops: :) )

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:37 pm

(((((((((( nightfox ))))))))))))

Move over for I am right there with you. LOL

Warmie

((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind )))))))))))) just a hug.

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”