my adventure

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

neogeo

my adventure

Postby neogeo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:43 pm

This is so hard to put into words. On Feb. 2 I left for work at 2:30p.m. and arrived at 3:30p.m. I was met by the head of hr and security, and shown into a waiting room where i was met by a police officer. He told me they recieved a call that i was going to hurt myself. Don't really remember much other than doing about 120mph down the bypass. Never went this road before as it out of the way. My regular drive takes 7 minutes. Officer asked me several questions and i ended up at madison center hospital. Admitted after hosp. staff asked me all kinds of questions. They put me on suicide watch for 48 hours and put me on some meds.Now on fmla and going to group sessions. Still trying to find the missing hour and what caused me to breakdown. Seems like i'm in downward spiral and nothing is working. My wife won't talk about this the only one that cares is my son and a female coworker. Can i get better or is it going to get worse. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:08 pm

((((((((((((((( neogeo )))))))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear all this, it has to be scary.

Perhaps the professional help you are receiving can get you on the right track. Help you find the answers to those questions you have. Please keep tabs on the meds, how you feel with them, any side effects and report this to your doctor. It is all so unreal in the beginning, but getting the help you are with the group sessions can be a benefit.

This forum is a caring and supportive group, as you will find out. Feel free to say what you feel, it is good to have people that understand and cares to support.

So glad you found us and welcome.

Take care please

Warmie
Last edited by Warmsoul/Jeanie13 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:22 pm

It is wonderful that you have the support of two people in 'real life' and group therapy to get help. This forum can be of help too, as I have no one in real life right now who understands, but have found much support and help and understanding here.

Your wife probably doesn't understand as most people who have never experienced it don't understand, and also, she is probably worried for you and our depression can be hard on our loved ones...

YES it can get better, and at minimum more manageable...some people are cured and some, like a diabetic on insulin also exercising and eating right to control blood sugar, can learn to manage depression and anxiety and cope...so don't lose hope! Its hard when everything feels so dark, but hang on to whatever you can, your son, your wife, anything that gives you a little hope or love...

Little pleasures help a lot I've found in getting through the moment...is there music you enjoy? do you do artwork? do you have anything you feel passionate about? For me, cups of cocoa and bubble baths soothe me sometimes and help me find a little pleasure in the midst of the dark...inspirational movies, whatever works for you...you can try different things and people in your group might suggest things that sound good to you...

Hang on! That must have been very scarey to have that lost time and to be greeted by police like you were a criminal...at least you are now getting some help and you have found the peer support on this forum too. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.

Wishing you light and peace in your day...

Return to “Your Story”