light to darkness

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

AndreaCoe

light to darkness

Postby AndreaCoe » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Have you ever had those days when its a ok day nothing really bad has happened other than normal day to day situations that your so used to, but you just randomly feel down?

But is it random when it happends to you everyday? Everyday the depression thickends and you just get used to the fact that your going to be depressed or in the mood at least one or more a day. It's like seeing a light at the end of a never ending dark tunnel.

Well what do you do? I have no idea. And when i start to think about it. I have even more problems then i try to take care of, because i go to school everyday with a smile in hopes it cheers other up. Everyday i fix others problems but i just cant seem to fix my own. Can i clone myself and have my self fix my problems? But who will fix my clones. You see i cant get rid of them! i need some help :[

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:07 am

(((((((((((((((( Andrea ))))))))))))))))))))

Hello Andrea,
I know how it feels like to be depressed almost everyday, and i need to deal with manic depressive almost everyday as well. But i guess that is one of the challenges that i need to face in my life, and believe me, those moment will make you grow. I think besides the support that you get from people around you (which is important) you need to tell yourself that you can deal with this and that you are strong. I hope everything will get better for you Andrea

Hugs
dandelion

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:49 am

I have days like that myself. Depression seems to roll in like a cloud, because of the smallest thing or setback, small things that wouldn't have bothered me at other times. At times like that I try to remember something that I was told by a psychiatrist when I was at my very lowest ebb. He said that it's not about quick fixes or trying to fix all your problems at once, it's about making small gradual changes to your life. So, I stopped tring to fix all my problems at once and focused on small things, one step at a time. Getting my hair cut, renewing my medication prescription, eating something healthy even if I'm not especially hungry. And, I am gradually not only rebuilding my life, but doing so on a more solid foundation.
I find it also helps to stop and breath slowly and deeply when I start to feel anxious and overwhelmed, I remind myself; " Don't prolong the past, don't summon the future, don't be deceived by appearances, just dwell in present awareness. " ( I read that in a Budhist magazine. )
Welcome to the forum, it's helped me a lot. I hope it does the same for you. Good Luck!

Return to “Your Story”