Open Book

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, cj-, Moderators, Frame

Sunshine416

Open Book

Postby Sunshine416 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Most of the time I think that I am pretty open. Many people know about my anxiety and depression, many people know the many hours of intense therapy I have had to go through, but not many people know about my suicide attempt a few years ago. No one knows that some days I still struggle. Everyone who knows me thinks I am so happy, all the time. I am a college athlete, I am an active member in the church, I have many close friends, but no one knows how much it hurts some days. People talk about people who have killed themselves and they will always say, "they always seemed so happy," or "no one would have guessed they would ever do that." I can't help but think that I was that kid, the popular kid that everyone thought was fine. So much so that I even wrote a paper about suicide being an escape and got a good grade! I told friends when I tried to kill myself, and I was left on read. Maybe I just had bad friends, either way I cannot open up to anyone about these things. Sometimes I get so so close, but I can always tell that people get uncomfortable. So I back away, I hide back into my corner and put on a smiling face.

j2415

Re: Open Book

Postby j2415 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi Sunshine,
I’m very sorry you are going through this. You are free to share your feelings here. I hope you can find the encouragement and support you need to stay better. We are here for you.

Thank you for sharing, I hope to hear from you again. Please stay strong. May God’s peace be upon you. Take care.

Sadinatura

Re: Open Book

Postby Sadinatura » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:25 am

Hi, Sunshine,
You seem to be feeling really misunderstood, I know what it feels like. And if I don't know directly how it feels, I can imagine how it feels. If you would like to talk to anyone, I would love to chat with you. You are not alone and I hope you know that.
-Inatura.

Return to “Your Story”