Stupid Suicide Forms

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Sadinatura

Stupid Suicide Forms

Postby Sadinatura » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:01 pm

I am so sick and tired of the dumb suicide and depression surveys I have to take whenever I go to the Doctors. I'm just so tired of people caring about my "well being" when all they're really concerned about is my answers. they want to help me but they did all they can. I got counseling and meds, that's all they can do... "Oh yeah. You're concerned for my suicidal thoughts, no I don't need to be hospitalized, I'm going to lie to you now ok? I won't do it. Well, maybe but... I'll be fine. I don't need your help ok? You make me angry and I'm pretty sure you know I don't want to be here ok? So just leave me alone, check my cause of foot pain and leave me alone![u][/u]" If you doctors really think making us take those bull crap surveys I swear I'm never gonna come here again. I hate the doctors because of you. Maybe next time I get one I should just not fill it out and tear it up.
She (the doctor) asked me what my plan was, I don't want to talk about it ok...?

j2415

Re: Stupid Suicide Forms

Postby j2415 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi- How are you today? I hope you are doing fine and I’m sorry if you feel this way towards your doctor. I had my annual check up with my primary physician and she also asked me about depression. She said it’s now required by the state health department for early detection of mental illness.

I hope you will soon feel alright. Please stay strong. I pray for peace and you will be healed from depression. Keep us posted. Take care of yourself. God bless.

Jtw

Postby Jtw » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:24 am

I aced the suicide exam when I took it in the UK. I got a full score, which meant I was in trouble. My doctor did nothing, literally absolutely nothing whatsoever. It was then that I realised I was on my own.

HopeIsReal

Postby HopeIsReal » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi there!

I'm sorry the doctors don't care. That's a bummer. I just wanted to encourage you that there are real people who care for you and love you. Depression and suicidal thoughts are not easy. Sometimes people just don't know how to respond. Sometimes you have to be vulnerable and let people in to what you are feeling. Letting people in is not easy, but it's better than carrying a sack that you were never meant to carry on your back.

I would like to share some hope with you:

I believe in the one true God.
In the beginning God created the heavens,
Earth, and man. He said it was good, but
Man chose to do things their own way and sinned. And sin separates us from God.
In the Bible God shows how He still loves us even when we sin.
So God sent His one and only son, Jesus to come to earth.
Jesus was fully God and fully man. Jesus never sinned,
He lived a perfect life. When Jesus was on the earth
He healed the sick, cast out demons & raised the dead.
After that Jesus not only lived for us, but He died for us.
When He died on the cross He died for all the sins of
Humanity. In three days He rose from the dead. When
We choose Jesus we can live a life of freedom.
Now we are not separated from God anymore.

When we choose Jesus Christ depression, anxiety, and negative thoughts no longer have any power because God is greater.

John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jtw

Postby Jtw » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:21 pm

Respectfully, religion isn't the answer for most people. If prayer worked, we wouldn't need doctors, technology, science and medicine. we have those things, so take from that what you will.

ChasingSerenity

Postby ChasingSerenity » Sun May 12, 2019 12:28 am

I couldn't agree with your more.

I have been to my share of counsellors, therapists and doctors. I personally think that despite whatever training any professional has they are universally stunned when a patient utters "I'm Depressed"

There must be a part of the animal brain that makes them stuff the worst possible 'survey' or 'inventory' in front of the prospective patient while they recover and relearn how to engage with you again. Inane contracts are the worst.

My personal favorite is when they try to get me to color while talking about my challenges.

I have found a good therapist now (fingers crossed) but I had to go through more than a few duds to get her.

Finding the right therapist made the horrid process of weeding out the idiots and freeloaders worth it though.

~ChasingSerenity

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:17 am

I experienced the same thing with therapists. I have seen a psychologist, psychiatrist, doctors, therapist, youth workers, and counselors. Unfortunately, nothing was working. I do think they serve an important role. The reality is, however, that we need to be the ones to do the hard work. We are the ones that need to overcome depression. Therapists and meds can only facilitate the process. That is what I realized from my own experiences. But, for some people, mainstream therapy doesn't even work at all, such as it was in my situation.

Prayer is very powerful. However, even with prayer, we need to be actively involved in our own healing. Also, prayer needs to be sincere. Often, people will pray just as a last resort. God is not a fool. But he will always listen to our prayers. Many people do find comfort in prayer. It is not another person’s place to say prayer or religion is not the answer, when clearly for millions of people it is!

This system is inadequate—that is, all the best doctors and scientists in the world won’t solve all the world’s problems. Problems and illness will always exist... and so will depression! It is part of this system of things that will never change, no matter how clever man thinks he is. But science does serve a useful albeit limited purpose. But life need not be limited to ONLY science. Spiritually plays an important role for many millions of people. Individuals are free to choose what works for them, and it should be encouraged to share this with other people.

Return to “Your Story”