Christmas alone and don't know how to deal

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Tom39

Christmas alone and don't know how to deal

Postby Tom39 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:29 pm

I just don't know how to deal with Christmas this year. I'm 39 years old, and this'll be the first Christmas morning ever I will wake up to an empty house. Christmas morning has always been about spending the day with family, but now I basically have none. Please allow me to give a brief history:

When I was a child, 7 years old, my younger brother that was my only biological brother and best friend then, died from heart problems. 5 years ago I held my father's hand when he died from Alzheimer's. 3 years ago I was charged with a felony that I didn't commit, and my own lawyer advised me to just take a plea deal. I spent 3 weeks in jail for something I didn't do. 2 years ago I was at my mother's bedside when she died from kidney failure. I have an older adopted brother, but now he's on hospice care dying from cancer. My girlfriend is going to another state for Christmas day to visit her father's family. Her father died several years ago, and I didn't know him, so i'm not comfortable going with her since his family is out of state.

I just don't know what to do to deal with it this year.

Return to “Your Story”