Hey

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Hey

Hey

Postby Hey » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm so sick of it I'm pretty sure I have social anxiety and depression but it is undiagnosed and will continue to be because I have been conditioned not to ask for help. I'm 17 and therefore live with my parents I have only gotten the courage to tell them how I feel twice, the first time was about the sheer amount of anxiety I feel with something as small as answering a phone call it was brushed of and later on they used what I said to make a joke with their friends while I was next to them. The second time my mother put me in a one a week counselling thing that was set for 6 but the whole time it was made about her she would tell me that she must be a terrible mother so after the 6 weeks I pretended to be ok to be happy and even the doctors believe it because I'm a student in the feild and I know exactly what they want to hear so now I'm stuck but I guess I'll just keep on going with a smile on I'm in no danger of suicide so anyone that might for some reason read this don't worry cause id rather live miserable than finally get some peace and burden people with having to have me buried or whatever they decide. See ya I guess

Ruckdaddy

Re: Hey

Postby Ruckdaddy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Anxiety is a fickle subject (big word look it up :)). I am sorry your parents made a joke about it, that would hurt my feelings as well. Going to a therapist or sessions aren’t for everyone, and it’s hard to even talk to them one on one. As for getting to talk to people, take it step by step, life shouldn’t be about jumping into the water without testing the temperature. Start by act like you are talking to someone on the phone (sounds crazy but try it).. get on chat rooms and message people who want to talk (be careful). You don’t have to be a chatterbox in this world, but if you start to slowly open yourself up so will your interactions with people. Best.

foreverbeach11

Postby foreverbeach11 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi there. I'm sorry about your current situation. You are young and you deserve to be happy. Are you currently in school? Maybe consider talking to a school counselor about how you feel. Your parents love you and sometimes other people just don't understand what it feels like when we have anxiety and depression. Maybe give it another try and let your parents know that it's really bothering you and you want help to feel better. You have more courage than you think. You were able to post here on the forum. Have you thought about an adult relative that you might be able to talk to? Maybe consider going to counseling again and ask your parents if they would help you. Wishing you the best.

careyon

Postby careyon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Being a teenager is tough. I don’t know if you’re planning to go to college, if so I would suggest you handle your anxiety before then. The changes that college bring; being away from home, meeting new people, sharing your space, challenging classes, all naturally bring out some anxieties. Do you attend church? If so maybe joining the teen ministry would help. It could give you some techniques for dealing with your anxiety. You can’t live your life covering up and pretending to be someone you’re not. You need to speak to a professional and actually confront and heal your anxiety.

Return to “Your Story”