I hate that voice

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Luna99

I hate that voice

Postby Luna99 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Everyday i just hear this voide in my head telling me things like:
-You don´t have friends because you are so boring and plain
-You don´t have a boyfriend because you are ugly as anything
-Everyone is judging you
-You are fat
-You are a failure
-No one will miss you if you die
-You can put all the makeup you want, your face it´s still looking like garbage
I just really hate that voice, that f****** voice just went stronger as years passed by and the worst part of all i the fact that i don´t feel like anyone believes me ´cause im 19....I told a friend about how i felt and she just said "that´s bullshit", since then i decided on not talking to anyone about my feelings, If my friends don´t care about me, then who will?, i just feel so worthless, like nothing interests me, and like i really want to leave everything behind.....

nopromises

Re: I hate that voice

Postby nopromises » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:35 pm

I did consider you and believe you. I don't understand what's wrong with being different from others, thanks for talking about it here. If no one cares about you. you can care about yourself without them, I know it's hard when you're all by yourself but sometimes we have to do it. I hope you see that sometimes people care even if you can't see it, if I were by your side I'll support you. Thanks for sharing...

Inn

Postby Inn » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:45 am

Hi Luna,
you are very welcome to talk about your feelings, I do believe you no matter how old you are. I'm sure most of us here had the honor to meet that voice.

Looking from a different perspective, what if your friend just shrugged it off because she doesn't see you that way. Because she doesn't think you're boring ugly failure, but quite the opposite. That you're interesting, beautiful and smart, and she couldn't possibly understand what were you talking about.

This f****** voice is a perfect deceiving liar, very persuasive if you let it be. The trick is, you don't have to believe it, you can tell it to f*** off, as many times necessary. You might need some help from psychologist or a counsellor, they can show you how you do it. But you can do it. Is there someone you can trust?

You're not worthless, no one is. I'm sure many people care about you, and you would be badly missed. Don't let the voice win.
Take care :wink:

Golda Dilema

Postby Golda Dilema » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:47 am

Hi! Whenever you hear that negative voice, it will do you good if you shift your thoughts to positive things and the good in you. You are important and you are loved even though you may not seem to notice it. Some people are not obvious in displaying their love for you.

There will always be friends and family that will care for you and will be willing to listen to you. Not everyone is perfect so it will be helpful if you will be more patient with others' mistakes, insensitivity or coldness.

What are the things that make you po? Do them as long as they won't do you harm. You deserve to be happy. And you can make others happy too.

Return to “Your Story”