Lost interest in Life.

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Bill87

Lost interest in Life.

Postby Bill87 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:17 pm

I am 87 years old. I have no health or financial problems. I take no meds. at all.
I had a wonderful marriage of 63 years. I have a somewhat large extended family.
I was caregiver for my wife thru 9 years of Alz. I was able to keep her at home until she passed away. She passed away in Nov. 2014
Since she passed away, I find it very difficult to find any spark in life. I am not now and have never considered suicide.
I now kinda feel like life is, like Shakespeare said, is just a stage. It really has no meaning or purpose.
All the things that I always enjoyed doing are
now beyond my reach. I have tried various ways to find purpose...such as volunteering with Hospice...visiting Veterans home.....
I have been active in past in various organizations, now they seem supervolus.
I apologize for running on so. I am curious to know if others who have really no issues in life feel that it is all Vanity of Vanities.

Inn

Re: Lost interest in Life.

Postby Inn » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:14 am

Hi Bill
I can somewhat relate to the feeling. I have a good life, people who love me, enough money, have seen half of the world...
Many would say I should be grateful for everything I have, but I'm not, I can't be, it's all meaningless and pointless. Everything I used to enjoy is pretty repulsive now.
There's one thing I don't have, and it's the only thing that counts. Without this person nothing really matters. And I have no solution.

Return to “Your Story”