Living under the roof of a narcissist

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

honeydrippin

Living under the roof of a narcissist

Postby honeydrippin » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:57 pm

:| I've been really depressed and empty for awhile now. I know that it is situational because of the current emotional abuse, but I dont have means of going no contact with the abuser and i feel stuck and unhappy. I cant resolve things with my narc for obvious reasons and I am afraid to speak up for myself. Dont really know how to cope, it gets harder every day

pearl

Re: Living under the roof of a narcissist

Postby pearl » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:49 am

I really can relate to you. I am currently in a similar situation.... My father.... he wont accept the fact that he has a horrible temper. The thing is, I learned about the insecurity that makes him this way. I know that because kf this, he feels s/he has to project confidence. I cant say therapy helps, becauss it really depends, but talking to somebody, anybody really, always helps. I confide(d) in a teacher of mine. She did understand. But, w/ teachers and etc. you have to be careful about what you tell. You can also use their position as an advantage by tdlling them too much so you can get out of your hpusehold and or get therapy. Thats most of my advice! Hope this hslps.

honeydrippin

Re: Living under the roof of a narcissist

Postby honeydrippin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Wow our situations are quite similar. I talk to a teacher too about it a lot. Thank you for the advice!!

Return to “Your Story”