I feel like I am dying

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Lyndsayb

I feel like I am dying

Postby Lyndsayb » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Being diagnosed with bipolar disorder along with severe depression and anxiety has affected my life to no end. I feel like I can't breathe and like a weight is on my chest. All I wanna do is sleep and exclude myself from everything. I don't even care if I lose my job, I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I recently turned to hurting myself to feel some sort of pain. I don't wanna feel this way anymore but it's dragged me so far down I don't know how to come up. I don't even know if I wanna come up. Someone please help me

i'mdead

Re: I feel like I am dying

Postby i'mdead » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:37 am

Don't hurt yourself. I want to help you. Tell me how can I do this. I feel the same as you. If you want to talk you can count on me. My English isn't good but it's not a problem.

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:59 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that, Lyndsayb. I know it’s not easy to go through depression and anxiety. Please know that your life is precious and self-harming will never solve your problems. It will always result in even greater hurt. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? A caring professional would be in an excellent position to offer support and help you to cope with your difficulties. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and peace. Remember that you deserve to feel better and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. You can always come here to share and we’re all here to support you. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

j2415

Postby j2415 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:38 am

Hi- welcome to the group!

I’m so sorry. Please try to have regular check up with your doctor. Depression is treatable and your doctor will help you to cope with all your symptoms. I found this article, http://bit.ly/2nz8uPX, that might help you, please don’t give up. You are not alone in this journey, we are here and we care for you.

I hope you will get better soon. Praying for peace and strength as you go through this. Please update us, thank you for sharing.

Brainfog

Postby Brainfog » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:14 pm

I completely understand what it feels like to experience no motivation and hopelessness. I find it frustrating when people say just go and get help, it is often easier said than done, especially when you feel that you cannot even leave the bed or have a shower. When you are in this depressive state it is difficult to even be motivated to go to the doctor. Remind yourself that this feeling will pass. Make sure you eat well (fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates) and do activities that you enjoy, even if it is just sitting in front of the t.v and watching your favorite show. I find that this helps me when I am depressed as it takes my mind of the rumination (repetitive thoughts). Eating well will assist with your energy levels and may assist you to be motivated enough to go to the doctor. Once you seek assistance from the doctor hopefully they will develop a care plan with you that you can use during these times, along with appropriate medication to assist with balancing your mood.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 am

You are not alone. Talking to other people (like me) who has the same issues will make you feel better. Have you ever considered going to treatment/talk therapy?

Suzi

Postby Suzi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 am

@Lyndsay, I'm just joining the conversation. So sorry for your pain. How are you doing? I want to encourage you to think about living, to force your mind to think on something positive. Get a piece of paper and start writing out all the happy things you can think of and everything you can be thankful for. Start with your eyesight and be thankful you aren't blind; list your legs and be thankful you aren't paralyzed, etc. Add flowers and babies, anything that makes you smile. Research shows that the more you focus on negative feelings and emotions, the worse you feel. Negative thoughts rewire the brain to think negatively. But you can change your brain. I recently read Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Daniel G. Amen M.D. It explains all of this. Also, focus on truth. Your emotions tell you lies: that you can't get better, that you don't want to get better, etc. This is not true. I know from experience that you can get through this. Do you have a Bible or app on your phone? Go to the book of John and begin reading or go to the Psalms. Focusing on God's truth will replace the negative, untrue thoughts. Please know how much God loves you, cares for you and wants you to find peace, hope and joy.

Return to “Your Story”