My ptsd and depression Assault TW

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

AlliStargazing

My ptsd and depression Assault TW

Postby AlliStargazing » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 am

I’m new here and no idea if it’s ok to post here...
I’m really struggling 2 months ago I was attacked by so men in my own home physically it took a long time to heal but mentally I’m not healing at all
I want to move because every time I look at certain things I get flashbacks of what they did to me
I stupidly never reported it so I’m constantly living in fear ivebeen diagnoses with PTSD but have always had depression ... my will to live is barely there
What happened eats me up I’m always on edge and scared they will come back and r..pe me even kill me
I don’t even know what they look like if I was to report it .. I’m constantly reliving doors at night
And cry myself to sleep ... my anxiety’s really reallly bad too ..I feel I’m loosing my mind
Last edited by AlliStargazing on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiegoArgentina92

Re: My ptsd and depression Assault TW

Postby DiegoArgentina92 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi, dont know what to tell you, i understand your fear, but you have to try to push it down a bit to live with more freedom,,

look for support in groups of women who have been through the same situation, im sure should be support groups of this, maybe online (or not), in facebook there are lot of different kind of support groups,, good luck, try to feel relax and lets wait nothing bad happens.

Brainfog

Re: My ptsd and depression Assault TW

Postby Brainfog » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear of your experience. Please do not feel guilty or stupid for not reporting the incident. The fact is that many people in your situation do not report, due to fear and the emotional distress incurred. I completely understand your fears that the attackers may come back and it is a legitimate fear, however what is the point of being fearful of something that hasn't happened? You got through the worst of it and you SURVIVED. This means that you are resilient, strong and capable of taking charge of your life. Seek out a PTSD support group in your area and see a doctor to ensure you are receiving adequate treatment. Fear is one of our worst emotions and can take control of a person's life. Do not let it, you are stronger than that. Do you think the perpetrators are experiencing fear? then why do you allow yourself to experience it? You do not deserve it.

Return to “Your Story”