The only way to live and be an artist is through positive emotions

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Omniverse

The only way to live and be an artist is through positive emotions

Postby Omniverse » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:10 pm

Positive emotions can only make our lives matter to us in good ways, negative emotions can only make our lives matter to us in bad ways, while having no emotions at all would only render our lives not mattering to us at all. When something matters to you in a good or bad way, these are actually emotional states rather than outlooks or mindsets (i.e. thought states). This is because our emotions are forms of motivation which make things matter to us.

Without emotions, then you could have thoughts and beliefs of things mattering to you and you could do things such as helping others, but nothing would actually matter to you. It's, in a way, like the sense of sight. If you were blind, then you could have thoughts and beliefs of seeing objects, but you would not be able to see objects. This means that our positive emotions are, in a way, like the sense of sight since they are what allow us to truly see the beauty, goodness, and joy of our lives and artistic endeavors.

There is a big difference between acknowledging the good value and beauty that certain things hold as opposed to seeing that goodness and beauty. You could still very well acknowledge the good and bad value of certain situations to make wise decisions even in the absence of your emotions. Such wise decisions would still be highly recommended.

But it can only be our emotions that can allow us to truly see the good and bad values of these situations. It's no different than how you can acknowledge the existence of objects when you are blind and how you can still make wise decisions to avoid or pursue certain objects. But it can only be your sight that can allow you to see these objects.

As a side note, positive emotions would be euphoric states such as feelings of joy and excitement from getting a new movie or game. They would be biochemical induced states by serotonin, dopamine, endorphins, and oxytocin. Negative emotions would be feelings of dysphoria such as a feeling of anger or despair.

Good and bad value take on the form of experience (our emotions) which would make our emotions literal forces of good and bad. Our positive emotions are like a sacred, divine, and holy life force of goodness that can only make things matter to us in good ways. They are literally beautiful states of mind. Our negative emotions are like a horrible and dark life force of badness that can only make things matter to us in bad ways. They are literally horrible states of mind.

This is world changing because there were many miserable and depressed genius artists in the past who thought that their misery and depression made their lives and artistic endeavors matter to them in good and beautiful ways. To this day, many artists still believe this and there are many other people who believe this lie as well. By revealing this truth, it would change the world and it would reveal to us that the only way to live and be an artist is through our positive emotions. Living a life of anhedonia or, even worse, misery, is no way to live or be an artist.

Now, it is an established fact that our emotions are everything to our lives. Without emotions, then nothing could matter to us. We would lose our empathy and humanity without emotions. We can't have empathy without emotions which proves the point that it is only our emotions that make our lives matter to us. Empathy is where things such as helping others matters to you.

Since you can't have empathy without emotions, then nothing can matter to you without emotions. Empathy would, therefore, have to be emotional states of compassion and love towards others. Compassion can either be a positive emotion of joy in helping others or it could be a negative emotion such as a feeling of sadness and misery from the idea of someone suffering. Sociopaths have no empathy, but they still have emotions to make other things in life matter to them in good or bad ways.

Lastly, the fact that these miserable genius artists claimed their lives and artistic endeavors mattered to them in beautiful ways could mean that these artists had some degree of positive emotion mixed in with their misery even though they thought their art mattering to them in beautiful ways had nothing to do with their positive emotions. This would have to mean that these artists were not in a position like me. I was in the most miserable state of my life where all of my positive emotions were completely turned off. The 2nd possibility would be that these artists were in a position like me and were only deluding themselves.

One last thing here. When I say that the lives of depressed and miserable people can't be good or beautiful, I simply mean that these people cannot experience the good qualities of life through their positive emotions to make their lives and artistic endeavors truly matter to them in good and beautiful ways. So, this is what I mean when I say things such as the good and worthwhile life, the beautiful life, or the horrible, shit life.

Mixed Emotions: Now, if you were in a situation where you had mixed emotions, then you would be experiencing both good and bad value at the same time. It would be something like 20% good and 80% bad in regards to certain things and situations. It all depends on the degree of positive and negative emotions that are there.

How To Live The Greatest, Worthwhile Life: The profoundness and intensity level of your emotional states dictates the level of experienced value in your life. If you were feeling very joyful and excited, then you would be experiencing much good value in your life and, thus, your life would matter to you a lot in a good way. If it was only a small degree of positive emotions that you felt, then you would only be experiencing a slim amount of good value in your life and, thus, your life would only matter to you to a small degree in a good way. This makes all the difference in the world because a life filled with the most intense and profound positive emotions is the greatest life to live while a life with a slim degree is only a somewhat good quality life. This same rule applies to negative emotions. Therefore, if you were someone poor who struggled with depression and you had a very slim amount of positive emotions in your life, then your life would not be that good.

You would be experiencing very little good value and worth in your life and towards the helping of others regardless of how much you have made the best of your life and helped others. So, basically, I am telling you that if you are a depressed or miserable human being or artist, then your life can only amount to ****. As for a rich and wealthy individual who feels the most joy and excitement and doesn't care or help anyone else, he would, of course, need his emotional viewpoint (value judgment) to keep him from doing reckless things. Other than that, everything should be all well and good with this person's life. I am not advocating the idea that the only way to a good life is to become a rich and uncaring bastard. I am only pointing out here that the only way to a good life is through our positive emotions.

Gomez1972

Re: The only way to live and be an artist is through positive emotions

Postby Gomez1972 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:50 pm

true, i agree. nice post

Return to “Your Story”