If There is a God He Must Hate Me for Some Reason

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

jboogz

If There is a God He Must Hate Me for Some Reason

Postby jboogz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:45 pm

My whole life has been a complete mess and no matter what I do or try nothing ever gets better. I grew up in a poor family as one of 8 kids. At the age of 7 my mother became a hoarder and I began being sexually abused by a male friend the same age as me. I had no idea what was going on at the time or how to stop it. The only thing I knew about what was going on was that it was wrong and I couldn't tell anyone. I am a pretty smart person and was always at the top of my class until about the 7th grade. The school I had gone to my whole life closed and I had to start all over at a new school. The first day I walked in a classmate who I had been friends with and played baseball with was just staring me down. He began to bully me mercilessly and basically turned everyone in my class against me. My grades began to drop and I would miss school regularly to avoid the bullying. All the while my mothers hoarding and the sexual abuse continued making matters worse. Baseball was something that I had always loved and I was good at it. When I was getting to the age where I was going to be in tournaments and get exposure they changed the eligibility date. This change made me two days too old to play in the tournaments. I was crushed. The summer before high school started I decided to find out for sure if what my friend was doing to me was something I liked or not. I had never allowed him to kiss me before, but I allowed it. It was not something I enjoyed. That was the end of it, but my confidence was shot. I went into high school depressed and started missing even more school. My grades dropped and I started losing friends. By the end of high school I had no friends and was missing 25 days of school per year. The high school I went to was a prestigious private school with a lot of rich people and I was one of the poor kids. The bullying was almost unbearable and I didn't want to be alive. With my confidence shot and having no friends I started at a Community College. Things got a little better. I still had no friends, but my grades started getting good enough to get accepted to a 4 year school. I started the semester and after a month had to drop out. I couldn't handle being at the school. I was stay up all night worrying about presentations that were months away. For the next year I just worked in a lumber yard and started seeing a psychologist. I went saying that I had social anxiety disorder as I had no idea how to communicate with anyone and just didn't say anything to anyone. During my time seeing the psychologist I never mentioned my mother's hoarding or the sexual abuse as I was still embarrassed by them. I started taking antidepressants and things got a little better. I applied to another school about an hour away from home and was living away for the first time in m to go. I could barely get interviews for jobs and I never received an offer for the couple of interviews I had as more experienced librarians were taking jobs at much lower pay just to be able to work. I got a job with a company working three days a week for $12/hr. So now I have no money and tens of thousands of dollars in student loans. I work at the company for seven years and meet some great people. This past year I was even hanging out with a woman who is amazing and even very attractive. I have no idea how to date women though. I guess I am still confused from the sexual abuse growing up. I am a 35 year old virgin with not much experience dating. The only times I have ever really had a chance to have sex is when I am out and drunk. In those instances I get so drunk that I can't get an erection for a combination of having no confidence and the mixing of alcohol with the antidepressants. So instead of ever talking to her or anyone about this I decide to take a job in Florida and basically run away from her. I finally have a job that pays well and I can begin to pay my bills and have money left over to buy things and do things. The only problem is I hate it in Florida and can't handle the heat. After two months I get get so dehydrated one week that I can't go to the bathroom for three days and freak out. I wake up one morning and basically fall to the floor passed out. Instead of calling an ambulance or going to the ER I send my bosses an email saying that I quit effective immediately. I just lay on my living room floor until the next day and then it begins to rain and the temperature drops 20 degrees. I can start to think more clearly again realize what I've done. So now I've quit my job and have to move back up north to my hoarder mothers dirty house. I have no money and the girl I was seeing now has has a new boyfriend. I am alone and broke and have no real prospects for any jobs. I am a 35 year old virgin and I hate my life. I don't know why these things always happen to me, but I don't know if I can take it anymore. I just want something in my life to go right for once. If there is a God out there He seems to really hate me for some reason. I have always tried to be a good person and treat others well and work hard at what I do, but nothing ever goes right. I see people who are complete a******s and have never had to work for anything in their lives succeed and nothing go right for me. I'm just tired of it all.y life.

Rhea331

Re: If There is a God He Must Hate Me for Some Reason

Postby Rhea331 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi. The title of your topic caught my eye. There have been many times when I have felt that God doesn't really care about me. After reading ur story, my life doesn't seem half as bad. But something deep inside me can relate to ur experiences- the abuse, the bullying, getting good grades in high school but not having achieved much in life. I am 33 but feel like a hundred years old. I've been hurt too many times in life. Don't want to live anymore. It's as if I ve had enough. Anyway, just want to let you know that I admire your courage. U seem to be a hard working person. Wish I could be like you. You've definitely had it rough. But don't give up just yet. Know that there are people like you out there who are suffering and can relate to your pain. My well wishes from half way across the world. May you find peace in life.

Return to “Your Story”