Anhedonia

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

sunnysidedown89

Anhedonia

Postby sunnysidedown89 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:25 pm

I used to enjoy doing things, and now I don't.

Pretty much the only things I want to do is stay at home and watch TV, sleeping, and hang out with friends (maybe). That's it. But I used to have concrete hobbies. I used to like going to shows. I used to like performing. I used to like writing. I used to like riding my bike.

I don't want to do any of that. I don't look forward to doing anything. Even plans with friends, half the time, I'll cancel.

And actually, I don't think I've enjoyed doing anything for almost a year. In fact, I'm kind of developing a low-level agoraphobia. I just want to stay home. I'm not afraid of leaving the house, but, I don't want to do it.

I don't know what to do about this. Any suggestions?

Helloraspberries1

Re: Anhedonia

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:22 am

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that's how you been feeling. Have you been diagnosed with Depression from your doctor? Would seeing a doctor help?

This being a new thing to you I believe you should reach out for professional help from someone who can help and advice you on what to do. That's the first step you should take.

I hope that helps and hopefully by then your know what kind of help you will receive.

Take Care x

Return to “Your Story”