Soul crushing

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Lyndsay2298

Soul crushing

Postby Lyndsay2298 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:06 am

Soul crushing. That's all I have left to say. As is living with depression and anxiety isn't enough it's gets worse. When you finally have the nerve to open up and share how you are really feeling and they look back at you and make it out to be your own fault. They tell me it's my self esteem and I shouldn't let things bother me. Or they say I need to develop a thick skin. As if I enjoy hurting everyday. That's what truly is soul crushing. This is something that happens every single time I open up about my illness. Then I just go numb. I don't know what to do or say and I just shut down.

bsbmom

Re: Soul crushing

Postby bsbmom » Wed May 31, 2017 5:52 am

I'm so sorry you get that reaction. Not sure who 'they' are; but I hope you are able to open up and discuss with someone supportive. It is very difficult for people who do not have this experience to understand it---not at all defending---but, I do think it is one of those things that in our world of 'self' there are many who think they may have anxiety/depression, etc. but perhaps do not...and then those that truly do, cannot always get the support we need. It's a tough situation. There are many that do understand and get it, and I hope you are able to find those people for encouragement and support. Do you see any type of professional or faith counselor?

Return to “Your Story”