There is nothing more to life than feeling good

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Omniverse

There is nothing more to life than feeling good

Postby Omniverse » Thu May 18, 2017 4:55 pm

I can just throw away any non feel-good based value system since it is not real value and, therefore, will never work for me. A loving parent who, despite his/her crippling depression, helps and cares for his/her child, this parent would be nothing more than a lifeless, dead, crippled, miserable "machine."

The value and love that he/she would have in his/her life towards the child would be "mechanical." That is, it would not be real love, real value, real joy, real beauty, or real worth in this parent's life. It is only our good feelings that give our lives those things since they are the only divine force in this universe and nothing compares to them at all. It is delusional to think otherwise.

I have lived the entirety of my life with my good feelings and it was the perfect life for me back then. I never grew tired of this hedonistic way of life and neither have I had a sense of unsatisfaction. In other words, as long as I felt happiness, joy, beauty, and love in my life, then my life was all good and worth living. I struggled with depression and misery later on in my life and that is the phase of my life where all value and worth was lost in my life.

But now, I have recovered and finally have these good feelings back to me again. I can now live by the value system I've always had. The other value system (the non feel-good one) holds no real value or worth to me. There is literally nothing in living a depressed, miserable, and anhedonic lifestyle but misery and emptiness. This has just been my own personal experience.

It's not my way of thinking or attitude. It is the feelings themselves that dictate the value, worth, joy, happiness, beauty, suffering, emptiness, and misery of my life. Therefore, I just completely lose myself in the beautiful realm of my good feelings and remain disconnected from everyone else. I just remain in my own beautiful paradise, look forward to an even greater paradise of eternal bliss after I die, and that is all that matters to me.

Return to “Your Story”