The Lost Soul

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

BloodmoonNexus

The Lost Soul

Postby BloodmoonNexus » Wed May 17, 2017 7:38 pm

My depression feels like it has complete control over me.. I do have a "talking doctor" but he seems disinterested in me and only my money. My family frowns apon my depression and think I'm "faking it". Here is my biggest problem, I have no one to talk about it with... No one who cares or anything. My social norms I am a freak of nature and should stay in my cage (room).
I stay away from people, at work I avoid people, in High School I was a punching bag for everyone who wanted to impress their girlfriends. I have never self harmed or drink or anything like that, but I beat myself up mentally by saying a ton of bad things which I eventually believe. I feel alone and sad all of the time. My biggest problem is that I can't find the courage to do anything. I always think I'm not "Channing Tatum" so I'm not good enough for a female partner or anything like that. I just don't want to feel alone anymore.

TweetyBird_92

Re: The Lost Soul

Postby TweetyBird_92 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 pm

I know how you feel..

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Wed May 17, 2017 11:37 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that, friend. Please know that you’re not alone and you don’t need to be hard on yourself. I so appreciate your willingness to share about your struggles. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. Have you ever considered seeing another therapist? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His perfect love and provide the comfort and help you need at this time. I know it’s not easy, but I believe there’s hope for bright future. Stay strong. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

fat_freddys_cat

Postby fat_freddys_cat » Thu May 18, 2017 8:56 am

Hello friend,
when i was reading about you oppressing yourself mentally by giving in into that negative energy I was reminded about myself some years ago. I also felt like a freak and not worthy to be part of a relationship. the first step for me was realizing and accepting that this negative energy from within was part of a victim role that was subconsciously controlling me. It was hard to break through that, but slowly after I stopped personalizing the happenings of my environment I regained control and self-assurance.
concrete steps for me where: taking part in a improv theater, moving to a community, being with children (helps a lot!)
I don't know you and your history of course, so if my 3 cents don't sound right don't take them personal either ;)
just remember: there is always an alternative, and everything has a reason.

Greetings from Germany

Astral

Postby Astral » Fri May 19, 2017 12:49 pm

I understand you. I feel alone and sad everyday. It is really painful and no one deserves to feel like that. You can message me if you need someone to talk about anything.

Return to “Your Story”