Work Stress and Isolation

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Helloraspberries1

Work Stress and Isolation

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:36 am

Hi there, I'm sorry to bother you all with my problems as I know there's already alot of you who need more support then so I apologise.

I just needed someone to listen to and maybe give me some advice if only they can help me out or know about this sort of thing.

I work in retail and only just started a new job in the company. At first I was well nervous and seemed like I couldn't stick to it and now I'm starting to slowly pick things up however I feel that some of the stuff learnt I'm forgetting really easier. It's like I need constant reminding or support to get me to do it.

Like today was the best example. Couple if customers wanted to pay on gift card and having been shown before I couldn't do it as I did last time and also paying half and half by card. I know some customers were getting funny with me and one seemed really off with me but as I am still new and trying I don't feel like I'm doing enough of a good job. I feel when it comes to my review room they will get rid of me cuz right now they don't want someone to leave cuz of people short on tills.

My manager is aware of this and he has given me feedback and ok I have got a bit better but everytime I seem to be forgetting stuff plus he don't like me calling him every minute but what am I suppose to do?? Like today someone payed with gift card and then I thought it didn't go through but it did then called him over and said I did it three times so it already done but it didn't show that it did it and then customer needed change. I just feel like these mistakes will again cost me. It's not like I haven't been here before.

I don't think I can ever get a job what I can fully do to my ability. I know I struggle with learning and understanding things but I don't know if it's that I'm finding hard or it's the job and need more time? People been saying its the job and you here to your still new but I'm worried this is gonna cost me my job again.

I know I can only do my best. Today I left upset and nearly cried on bus. Support Worker text me and said I'm gonna be discharged from there service but as I said I'm having bad day and I feel down about work they told me to come see them this week. I don't think I'm ready to be discharged from them. I need alot of support I can get. Just cuz things have improved in terms of finding work etc it don't mean I'm recovered from the issues I had. I'm still mentally ill and I know I got a bit of anxiety still cuz today I couldn't barley go out of door untill I told myself to, having four days off made me feel anxious going back.

I feel isolated at work. I do have some people to talk to and I suppose that's improved with my last job but in terms of support I'm still struggling ABC ready need one on one help. I'm not sure how to go about this. I can't talk to my manager in case he says the same thing again to me and tell me to change. What can I do? Is there anyone who's been in this situation. I could really do with some help. Can't do this alone. I was even thinking having someone coming in and supporting me one on one at work for extra support and learning. What do you think? That a good idea?

Sorry for the long story.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Work Stress and Isolation

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:50 am

Also I struggle with maths so much so is anyone able to help me then? I'm always on till which don't help.

Return to “Your Story”