I think I am in denial

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Ash84

I think I am in denial

Postby Ash84 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:23 pm

I know I have been depressed for about 13 years now. I have been to the doctor several times, been put on medications, but have never seemed to find my way back to the doctor to followup on my issues. Am I ashamed... yes! Living with depression is not something I want to tell the world about, but I need someone to talk to. Sure I have a wonderful family, but I do not want them knowing what is going on in my head because it isnt pretty, and they are too judgemental and make me feel worse. I can't talk to my husband, because he just puts me down and tells me my thoughts are stupid and tries to make me feel like I am insane instead of trying to help me get through anything. I love my kids to death, and they can be so good when they want to be, but in general they are horrible. They do not make anything better. They never listen, back talk all the time and fight constantly. Yeah, I know what you may think. They are just being kids. I tell you, you wouldn't believe it if you seen how they act. I get comments all the time. People stare and what am I supposed to do? I get looked at like I am a horrible person because of the way my kids want to act in public. I could set there and yell and scream at them or try to find a way and make them stop. I have tried, it doesnt work. I have no one here. My entire family live in different states far from me. I can't make friends because I can't get up and get out of the house because I am so tired. My husband works long hours and doesn't really even speak to me. I've tried talking to him, it he doesn't want to hear it. When we fight or disagree about something, his solution is "maybe we should just split up or get divorced". You know because that is the solution for everything instead of trying to talk about something or work through it. If something isn't about him or if it isn't something he wants to talk about then he shuts it out. I am tired, tired of so much and I don't know what to do. I am being drug down and I can't get out.

JediLin

Re: I think I am in denial

Postby JediLin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:10 am

@Ash84 – I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. I struggled with depression for years and took medication but it never seemed to help, the side effects were noticeable that I stopped taking them. Although I don’t struggle with it any more, I am going through some tough times with my teen daughter. I decided a few days that I would no longer let her feelings or behavior bring me down. Effective child discipline is learned by parents, so in return we can put it in action with our children. http://bit.ly/2d4yG4n

You are a valuable person as a mom and wife, feelings are just feelings that come and go, they are not the truth. Children can be a lot of fun and a major blessing. But children are also a bit unpredictable and have a way of throwing a wrench into a marriage. My husband and I have a date night every other Friday, it has really helped us. Marriage is important and children feed off any negative as well as vice versus. Please know someone will be praying for you and your family.

Return to “Your Story”