I have no reason to be depressed

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

LivereviL

I have no reason to be depressed

Postby LivereviL » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:54 pm

I've been depressed for 3 years now, most of that time on and off anti-depressents, but I just keep thinking that I literally have no reason to be depressed. I mean, I don't remember when it started, but, it's like I just woke up one day and was depressed. I've considered suicide, but I think I'm too afraid of death and the pain it would cause my family if I did it. And I'm so judgmental in my head, I feel bad for hating everyone, especially my nice friends who expect me to be funny and would probably try to help, and who I JUST CAN'T STAND. And then I feel bad about being such a horrible person and I stay in my room all day. The one time I talked to my friend about my depression and eating disorder, she told me that she was "worried about me, you have so much to live for" because apparently all depressed people must be considering suicide, and it made me feel like crap. I mean, my counselor knows, but she still seems to think that there must be a reason behind my depression. So yeah, it just feels nice to just get it all out.

longoverdue1

Re: I have no reason to be depressed

Postby longoverdue1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:39 am

You aren't alone, I feel the exact same way. Even I feel like I woke up one morning and was like this. It sucks, but it is nice to talk about things and get it all out. I'm here if you ever need to talk because it is frustrating not having family/friends that understand. I had my own mom tell me she was afraid to talk to me cause she doesnt know how i would react.

Imogene11

Postby Imogene11 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Don't feel like you're alone. I'm the say way. I always feel guilty about how pissed I get at my friends for doing the simplest things. They just seem to agitate me, I never knew what it was. I've been recently diagnosed with depression and it makes a lot of sense. You just have to keep going and understand there are people out there feeling the same way as you. If you ever need to talk or vent I'm here.

whyme87

I feel your pain

Postby whyme87 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:58 am

LivereviL,

I'm sorry I don't have very much good advice for you, but just know that you aren't alone. I have spent the last 10 years :!: trying to be a happier person who isn't so cynical, judgmental, and angry all of the time.

Two things I've found that make this kind of depression better are (first) to always have a healthy way to vent my anger; for me it's video games. Second, try not to tackle the entire problem at once. There are many aspects or facets to depression, so work on one thing at a time. For example, try asking yourself rhetorical questions like, "How much energy am I going to put into getting mad, and how is that going to make me feel better?"

It's advice you've likely heard before, but it often works for me, but only with constant practice. The depression mindset is like a way of life, and if you're ever to change it, you have to change your entire way of living and thinking. I have yet to conquer my own depression, but simple logic tells me that this is true. Do something long enough it becomes a habit, and eventually it becomes a part of you. That's why anti-depressant drugs almost never work without intensive therapy (because it's the therapy that's helping, not the drug). Anyways, that's my bit. I wish you well.

stuckinapit

Postby stuckinapit » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:11 pm

hi, i relate to how you're feeling. the pain that comes with depression is that much worse when you can't think of a reason for it to be happening. i know we are not the same, and i know there's no way for me to actually understand what you are going through, but i also have a lot to be thankful for, objectively. but i'm still in so so so much pain like you. please don't think it's invalid, because it's not. it's so real. please remember that and make sure you surround yourself with that phrase and people who reinforce its truth, because the only thing worse than depression is feeling guilty for the pain that you simply can't control. im here for you

Return to “Your Story”