Advice needed right now

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Helloraspberries1

Advice needed right now

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:33 am

Hi, I need some advice on what I am going through. I have asked for help but it's usually the same advice or it's not working etc.

I have been feeling really down recently. It's not like I don't already but have been lately. I'm not sure what it is caused by but not been at all happy. It's not that I want to do anything to myself but been feeling like I'm not goof enough and worthless.

I would say it's alot to do with my personal life. That's where it's all came from. My past is the problem and that's what's made me like this today. People have impacted alot about myself in a negative way. I feel so negative now that I don't trust or can listen to anyone who wants to be nice cuz most people haven't.

Work is fine but I still struggle talking to people. Again it's got alot to do with what people think of me. I'm quiet and shy and not at all confident as that's been another thing I have struggled with lately and feel I am best out the way. I still don't understand why I'm still there lol. I can talk to people I am very close to but it's those I'm not.

It's not just about people what's the problem it's been how I've been feeling in myself lately. I've been more negative then usual, feel worthless all the time and should just give up. A couple of occasions at work I ended up crying to do with making a mistake or a customer being rude to me which has always been a problem but it's effected me more this time.

I have tried talking to people about this and they say don't listen to them or you need to believe in yourself more cuz I'm doing a good job and all of that but it don't seem to be helping. I'm still struggling with the same problem. I must be doing a good job but why am I still having this problem??

I don't know what's been making me feel so low lately. I do feel good in myself then I did before and hardly positive really. I know I need to see a doctor and that's what I'm planning to do but haven't had time cuz of work. I think it's got to do with my medication why I've been lower then usual but I know it's not just that.

There's a guy I really like too and we get on well and he likes me but everytime I want to meet him he's busy or can't. I text him and he don't reply back. I don't understand. That's another thing.

I don't understand what's going on. I don't know if it's me or there's a problem here what needs addressing. There is alot of issues I have got but can't manage them. I also feel worthless when I'm with my family cuz all of them are doing great and I'm not. My sister is happy and I'm jealous.

I'm not sure what to do with this. I don't know if it's my self esteem or other things in my life

Someone please help. I need advice on what to do with this? I don't know what to think about this new year either. Not looking forward to it.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Advice needed right now

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:47 am

*Also having problems with my IBS and that's another thing what's got worse to.

nppc197

Postby nppc197 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Sounds like you're awfully stressed out. Anyone would be stressed out under those circumstances.

Work is fine but I still struggle talking to people. Again it's got alot to do with what people think of me.

We've all been there, worrying about what others think of us. Only a liar would say they haven't. But here's the thing, we tend to think about how others perceive us much more often than they really do. The human mind is "programmed" for itself (That doesn't mean, of course, that nobody can really care about us), everyone has one specific person who's on their mind for the majority of the time, and that is themselves. Trust me, people don't think critically of you as much you might think :)

I have tried talking to people about this and they say don't listen to them or you need to believe in yourself more cuz I'm doing a good job and all of that but it don't seem to be helping. I'm still struggling with the same problem. I must be doing a good job but why am I still having this problem??

What I collect from this is that they're just providing empty reassurance and not taking the time to really talk it through. I think it would be very reasonable to seek a professional, a counselor of some sort, who will listen to you in an open and honest manner. Of course, it's always advisable to "dig around" first, in other words, differentiate between who's reputable and who's unreliable.

All in all, it's important to prioritize. Don't overbook yourself. When it comes to things that you know to be beneficial, but aren't mandatory and don't have a "deadline," there's plenty of time to get to those things. I know I certainly have a habit of stressing over the big picture - feeling as if I'm wasting time and letting lifelong opportunities slip by, when in reality there's still years and years to go after them.

I wish I had more to say, but I have very little experience to work with :(

Best of luck! :D

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Thank you for your support. Yes your right about looking to get professional help. I've tried talking to others about it but hasn't done much good apart from doing my job. Not myself.

I may overlook things a bit too much but I've always been that kind of person and tried to change but nothing has helped. I want to change but don't know how and what support there is. I know it's about changing your ways of thinking and taking steps into doing that but I'm still struggling.

I've rang the doctor already and got appointment next Friday. I hope they can help me with the problems I'm facing as feel so alone. Don't know what else to do. I don't know if it's my medication or what. I was thinking about counseling.

Thanks for your time

ree

Postby ree » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:21 am

how's the counselling going hun?

Return to “Your Story”