Odd Memories, strange days.

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CitM

Odd Memories, strange days.

Postby CitM » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:23 pm

My daughter said that I don't handle death well. Perhaps not, but then, I didn't realize how many times I'd actually gone through it. And when I became aware of the changes, I freaked out. I think anyone would. That's the blessing for most people is that they are NOT aware of it. Maybe that's why we need children and young people in our lives, because it never crosses their minds.

When I look back on my life, it seems that, thanks to my father, some of the worst situations had a punch line. Not like real punches, but he could make any crazy situation into something funny and gave me an ability to laugh at really awful situations, and in time of dire need, fearlessly taking the people that needed to move forward in life to move forward.

I say things in chat. Sometimes I'm serious, other times not. I don't mean to offend anyone, but the different things I have experienced are beyond belief, because for 95 percent of the population, you cannot see or remember beyond the 'veil.' Which means, beyond this life, this world, this experience. But sometimes I can. That sets me apart in a lot of ways or maybe I'm just braver because I can talk about it, and others are still traumatized or have been threatened to stay quiet.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my children, my parents, my sister, my grandparents and cousins. How much I have appreciated and bonded with teachers, doctors, mentors, engineers, astronauts, etc. Animals have a been and still are a joy in my life as are flowers and plants of all kinds. Where would we be today without them?

In case people I know are actually reading this, I'm a person who tries to welcome people home. I'm not 'Death' but I'm aware of the dead and dying. I'm also aware of those waiting to be born, not all of them, but a lot of them. That doesn't mean you are 'dead' if you see me. It means you're alive and you're continuing on. That's the point that I'm trying to get across to people. You came from somewhere and some time and you're here in a somewhere and a time that is future of where you were and we are moving toward another somewhere and time.

How many times have people moved forward? I don't know. Are we on a ship? Well I can honestly tell you there are more different kinds of people and mindsets then I've ever seen before. Are we inside a computer? Could be, maybe not though. Should we be scared? Well there are scary things out there, but, after awhile, you realize that once you can understand it, or talk with them, maybe you realize that they may be just as scared as you are and make that connection of something in common. People are just people no matter how big, or small.

100footpole

Re: Odd Memories, strange days.

Postby 100footpole » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:13 pm

I also often get questioned because I say things that are strange, and because I have a very dark sense of humor.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Aristocrats" ... look it up on Wikipedia, it is a bunch of comedians sharing their personal take on the worst joke in the world. I love the movie because it shows how comedians ... who almost universally say they are damaged ... deal with integrating themselves with the rest of the world. The joke is like a lab exercise for figuring out how you are going to present yourself to the world in a way that is not painful.

CitM

Re: Odd Memories, strange days.

Postby CitM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Thank you so much! Your suggestion is appreciated and helpful.

Return to “Your Story”