any one get rejected by natll suicide prevntn line?

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

ginazz

any one get rejected by natll suicide prevntn line?

Postby ginazz » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:27 pm

I called the natl line 2xs--the girl claimed I was abusive--I had asked for "areason" to stay alive--when I called back the supervisor told me "I reviewed the call--we are not accepting your call"--boy, did I feel even WORSE--feeling like NO ONE is taking me seriously, and I've been fighting this for 50 years, and now I can't see anything better ahead

iamnobody

Postby iamnobody » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:33 pm

What exactly happened? what did you say on the phone?

ginazz

Postby ginazz » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:49 pm

this girl answered, and I said, "so give me a reason,"--she said, I don't know you, what is your question?"--I said , "this is the suicide prevention hotline, right, and I need a reason, to stay alive,"--I do not remember what either of us said, then she said something like "if you're going to be abusive," (I thought I was just being my usual sarcastic/funnysarcastic self, which she obviously didn't "get"--when I tried again, a guy answered, he was laughing about my prior call, and handed me to "the supervisor," who
told me "I reviewd your call, and you were abusive" (huh?)--I asked HER if she had ever BEEN suicidal, and her silence seemed to indicate she had NO IDEA what being so is like..she then just said, "we are not taking your call," and hung up..I tried their Chat, but the operator never said more than "what is your ?" and never replied to what I wrote..

iamnobody

Postby iamnobody » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Ok.. that is ...wtf!
They are supposed to help ..or not?
Its really f up. honestly I see nothing wrong with what you said. I don't see it as abusive. I think its obvious that the people talking to you didn't even know what their job was about. they obviously didn't know what they where even doing. it annoys me when people do a job they don't even know how to handle.

honestly. if I where you id make a complaint since they didn't treat you right. like I'm sorry but hello! they should be trying to prevent suicides for gods sake not help them happen

But seriously. I think just forget it. it is obviously no use going to them for help. so instead try and talk to people who you feel might actually help. find someone worth talking to rather than people who clearly cant do their job correctly

ginazz

Postby ginazz » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:05 pm

thanx, Eri--I DID report what happened when I tried their "chat," but yeah, they seem pretty clueless, although it was a NJ crisis call center, and New Jersey is veryn much an "attitude" PLACE! EVERY SINCE MY POOR CAT DIED (BLED OUT AT VET) A WEEK AGO, my outlook has nose-dived worse than I can recall in years--and every where I'm looking for a "sign" why I should hang in there, I get no response, even the astrology site I asked about is it my destiny to end it, the c/c transaction didn't go thru!--like it's all a big cosmic joke on me, like "you don't really think the universe gives a
(--) whether you off yourself, do you?

iamnobody

Postby iamnobody » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:22 pm

isn't that a sign in itself?

you get no response. so meaning that you should make one. stick around. create your own reason for living.

find something that you like . find something that you want to live for. maybe make a "things to do before I die" list. go through that.

try bungee jumping. (gosh I literally say that to everyone cause I wanna do it so much) but seriously. I think it might help. do something like that. extreme. to get you to think about stuff. bungee jumping makes you go through a near death experience since youre falling so fast you forget that you are safe and so you think you are falling to your death. see how you react to that.

some people try it out and say they are actually scared to die. they want to live. and that experience helped them decide to live

so try something that will help you decide to live. find something good to do. even if it isn't extreme. live for something. not someone. but something. people leave. they are not worth living for. so live for the things you love to do. live for yourself.

best thing is to truly try to live before you give up

ginazz

Postby ginazz » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:33 pm

that may be--I've been "resisting" the "pull" for 50 years now--I think the hardest thing to do may BE to "keep trying" when you precisely DON'T WANT to "keep trying," THAt to me is what's REAL STRENGTH, to keep on when it doesn't seem to make sense--I've always been a "talkative loner,"
I've had shrinks "LOL" while I'm waiting to be admittedf for "major depression," whenb I'm this far "under,", and I haven't been so in maybe decades (duh, I'm 62), being told I'm "being negATIVE," ETC, IS GRATING--BY ITS NATURE, SEVERE DEPRESSION RENDERS ONE almost INCAPABLE
of seeing anything "bright." I go for a lot of very long walks, it helps me "zone and zoom," like gardening for some folks--I do hope you get a chance at the bungee thing--not for me, but appreciate the idea behind it

NickStokes

Postby NickStokes » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:17 am

Perhaps you didnt express yourself properly or you were yelling?

Return to “Your Story”