Abandonment

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

porcupine

Abandonment

Postby porcupine » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:21 pm

My brother still hasn't come home. I'm a nervous wreck. I know I'm an adult, but I can't stand this sense of abandonment. I feel like I'm outcast and been left to rot. I can't turn to anyone in the outside world, as I just get preyed on.

I'm so tired of this. I see the world around me and I don't belong. I do nothing about it. Nothing drastic anyway. I haven't got the courage to commit suicide. I need to do something major, but I don't know what.

I thought I could be happy last year when I met someone, but he messed me about, standing me up and various mind games. He had a side to him that hated women, because his ex-wife cheated on him. It's not my fault, but he took it out on me. I can't face going out with anyone now, but the loneliness is horrible. I'm between a rock and a hard place. What kind of Hell is this?

iamnobody

Postby iamnobody » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Darling.. stop caring so much about everyone around you and start caring for yourself
break out of your shell.
I don't know what your situation is like but from reading what you wrote... well I am getting the idea that you are a tense wreck. you are trapped

try to escape
find things you like and ignore people who are negative
try to live for yourself rather than for other people

being alone is shit. I know. but don't let your live revolve around peoples views of you. or around having someone that loves you.
who gives a shit anyway?
live your life for yourself
you get one chance at this life. so make the most of it.

get out. find something enjoyable to do. make something of yourself.
I always suggest bungee jumping. its something I wanted to do since I was very little. I'm not much older now. but I still want to do yet I never go the chance to.

Ive heard that it gives people a rush. a sense of life. id love to do it from a bridge and scream out my problems. it would seem so free and good. maybe try that. that is extreme. you wanted something extreme right? there you go!

they also say it almost feels like a near death experience since you fall so fast you forget there is a rope holding you safely. so your life flashed in front of your eyes as if youre gonna die. but you don't. and it kinda helps make you treasure what you have.

you never know what you have until you lose it. so fight. fight for a future and don't depend on people to make you happy. make yourself happy. don't let people lead you. lead them instead. have some fun ;)

porcupine

Postby porcupine » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:43 pm

iamnobody. thank you for your reply. i no longer look to others for happiness. im more self reliant now, which is quite liberating.

NickStokes

Postby NickStokes » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:15 am

Do not be afraid to be alone. There are different things which you can do by yourself and still have fun.

Return to “Your Story”