Today I just need to whine

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Dave2476

Today I just need to whine

Postby Dave2476 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:04 pm

I'm in A down mood. My wife is working and truthfully I complained to her enough. She knows our difficulties and she is tremendously supportive. So today I just made an anonymous place to complain.

In 2009 I was in an accident. After getting fired from three jobs I went to counseling and realized I was disabled. I have never been fired before.

Unfortunately I had a great disability policy at the time of my accident. I did not want to go on disability. I wanted to proveI could do it. By the time I realized I was disabled the policy is no longer in effect.

Five years later I am on disability. And I don't have that income coming in. I am mad at myself for letting my family down. We have lost our house. And live in a very different manner.

I also in counseling discovered I was bipolar and that the accident accentuated the bad stuff. I also have PTSD.

A few months ago my nephew driving my car was in an accident. It was his fault. We found out yesterday the driver of the other car is suing us.

My wife has Not been herself lately. This week in seeking both medical and psychological answers we discovered markers that might mean she has multiple myeloma. We really don't want to tell anybody yet. But it's scary. We are going for more testing. I do not know what I would do without her.

My disability leaves me in a lot of pain. Makes it hard to concentrate. That makes it hard to do things. I work at the food kitchen once a week. I can work for about two hoursand then I need to sit for an hour before I can even drive home. But I try to do my part.

I do mentor a 16-year-old young man through a mentorship the YMCA. We've been together five years. I am the only adult malein his life. This week he was arrested. Sometimes you feel like you're not helping at all.

That's my whining. I took a lorazepam, went out, And worked in my garden.

On the good side
My three children are happy and healthy.
My oldest is happily married and has given me a wonderful granddaughter
Because I'm home I get to see my granddaughter two to three times a week

She wears me out. And when she leaves I have to go right to bed with pain pills but it's worth every bit.

My wife loves me and we are extremely supportive of each other.

Just needed a place to whine today.

PixieArmy

Postby PixieArmy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:57 pm

((((( dave ))))))) read you, and I am so sorry you have struggled so much. sometimes its so true: when it rains it pours.

I am really lost for words, just hope things start to look better for you soon and that you can keep strong through all these difficulties.

welcome to forums

Pix

Dave2476

Postby Dave2476 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Sometimes you just need whiny days. Today I was out with friends. I see my grandaughter Tuesday. Life can pile it on, but I have lots of people who love me.

PixieArmy

Postby PixieArmy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:54 pm

((((( dave )))))) I am glad you have loving people around you.
And yeah, we all really need whinny days sometimes, glad you can give yourself the opportunity to do so.

Return to “Your Story”