I'll Be Alright

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

introsounds

I'll Be Alright

Postby introsounds » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:59 am

Hi,

First off, god bless whoever takes the time out of their day to read this.

Quick introduction: 17 years old, diagnosed with MDD, GAD, SAD.

Been depressed for 4 years. I have severe acne, acne scarring; which has a deep impact on my anxiety. My parents are recently going through a divorce, I started smoking cigarettes and got drunk a few nights here. I have suicidal thoughts (my family & friends know about this). I'm on anti depressants.

I just live such a sad existence. It's hard to keep strong, I feel like just falling to the ground and giving up. I feel very empty. I have to make huge decisions as for colleges/careers and i don't even see myself living very long.

I'm hoping one of you guys can tell me something that I can do or anything. Give me your advice, opinions, anything.

Thank you!

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:13 am

I suggest you to avoid smoking and drinking when anxious. These will give you a momentary solution, but will aggrave your depression (specially when you realize you need these to keep calm). It seems like you have family and friends to support you, don't shy on asking for help.

It's hard to deal with hard feelings like knowing your parents can get separated, decisions you have to make about your career and all. But you'll value all that knowledge as you come closer and closer to adult life.

Return to “Your Story”