life

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Mrsderby

life

Postby Mrsderby » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:50 pm

One word
One look
One tone of voice
Exposes one life
Robbed of hope
Stripped of meaning
Left hanging in tatters
On the shoulders of
The little girl
Lost
Afraid
Alone
The woman she has become
Powerless to help
Unable to heal
Too scared to try
The girl, in time, will die
What happens to the woman then…

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Thank you for sharing that with us. Have you checked out our "art work" section. Lots of poetry and other stuff there to read.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 pm

What happens is the woman becomes stronger, because she survived it, she can find new meaning, and what that meaning is to her. Thank you for sharing this.

holly

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 pm

thelittle girl is dying. I c an'y sve her. The woman wants to die too. toomucjto bare. I can't takeamu more. don't cry forme. it is better this qwy.

balcony

Postby balcony » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:52 pm

HI Mrsderby. Thank you for sharing your poem with us. Writing is such a powerful tool but each reader understands its meaning based on his/her life experiences. Perhaps this is a place for you to be open to different interpretations and have new things to think about. I hope both the "little girl" and the grown woman take comfort from each other as each offer something special. The potential innocence and simplicity of a child is real and despite pain it does not have to be lost. Scared is very different from powerless. Fear can produce great strength with the right support and care. Mrsderby, do not give up, neither child or woman is lost, perhaps just temporarily misplaced. Hugs.

Return to “Your Story”