Don't know where to turn....

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

martynpembrokeshire

Don't know where to turn....

Postby martynpembrokeshire » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 am

I have been suffering clinical depression for the past 5 years in that time had some very good up periods but now I am, down and going deeper and deeper. Even the medication does not seem to be helping. who can I really trust the physc says take this and it will help in a couple of weeks the GP says trust the Phsyc, the CPN says almost, snap out of it the meds should be working by now.
But i just feel so lost, so afraid, so hopeless..... I hate the telephone ringing as a stranger may be there when the wife is not at home i un plug it....... keep all the doors lock so no one can get in....... won't open it too visitors, just feel very emotional all the time, tears, fear, anxiety, anger and an incredible sense that i am losing touch with reality, well even losing touch with life, I have even lost the will and the courage to eat real meals and wonder what to do or who I can call to help make a difference.

rober

Postby rober » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:20 pm

hey martyn...
I'm so sorry for what you are going through....I know it is painfull...
open your heart to others, don't be ashemed of asking for help or showing your feelings to other...
I wish you'll feel better as soon as possible..
in the meantime...well, I'm here...if you need to talk.
BIG BIG HUG FOR YOU

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 am

We each have a different physiology and therefore will react to the same meds in a different way. For most meds, it takes about 6 weeks to feel the full affects. If you aren't doing better in that time, speak to your doctor and tell them this isn't working and you need a different treatment plan that will better fit your specific needs. If they won't comply, get a new doc.

martynpembrokeshire

Postby martynpembrokeshire » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:04 pm

I am at the end of my rope.......... I don't know what to do anymore, the new med have been in place 3weeks at low dose and now gone straight to high dose........ in the mean time i am existing with the help of Diazapam....... I say existing because that is what this is existance, i have almost forgotten what living is like. I can't cope..... I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel where can I go from here please don't say give it time I am almost beyond that

martynpembrokeshire

is this the answer?

Postby martynpembrokeshire » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Phsyc seen today she suggested ECT 9 or 12 is this the answer? HELP

rober

Postby rober » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 am

what is ECT?

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:56 am

I really do feel for you. I know what a panic this situation can put a person in. But honestly, 3 weeks isn't long enough. There is no quick fix. There is no rushing a treatment based on time. Just know you aren't alone in this.

mits

Postby mits » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:11 am

I think I understand how you feel. I've gone through a quite similar phase too. I had relied on meds to solve my problem and in the end it happened. Just wait a little. It takes longer for some people to adjust to meds. It took me more than four months! Don't feel bad if you have to change meds 3-4 times.It is not uncommon! Docs can't get into your brain! Most meds are given by trial.... You'll get better! This is for sure!

martynpembrokeshire

Postby martynpembrokeshire » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:01 pm

The Phsyc has put me on more meds olanzapine 5mg daily........ anyone help on this Olanzapine and Moclobomide and Diazapam daily regime it doesn't seem to be doing anything only making me get fatter...... Please help desperate I don't know what to do next cos I am really at the end of my tether and I can't take anymore...... I am very desperate plesae if you can help

Return to “Your Story”