Thinking of you both

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

xn728

Thinking of you both

Postby xn728 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:22 am

hi crystalgaze ,i know your busy finding yourself ,hope your doing ok ,
just letting you know ,and im sure i speak for everyone ,we always think about you .just because your not here ,doesnt mean your absent,from our thoughts , a5 you to its been a long time ,but i know one day i will see
you here once more ,try not to make it to long ,,,,,,bless you both ,,,
xn728 ,,,,,ken ,,and all your dear freinds

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:34 am

Hi there Ken!

Thank you for this! I think about every one on here as well.

I hit a rough patch where I couldn't speak or talk about what was wrong. I couldn't figure out what was wrong too. I'm struggling with my memory. I remember & then forget.... remember & then forget....

Mom had surgery... It's been really hectic... I've even lost a couple of pounds running back + forth to make sure she is comfortable... My dad & I are both beat... We take turns housesitting with her to make sure she doesn't fall or any thing & can't get help... It's hard for her to walk a little bit, but I think she will be okay.

blueisgreen

Postby blueisgreen » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:52 am

Hi Crystal,
It's good to hear from you / see you post.
Sorry it has been difficult for you lately.
You are such a good daughter! I'm sure
that your mother and father really appreciate your help and concern,
especially when you have not been feeling your best. It takes a great deal of strength and tenacity to rise beyond your difficulty and be present for your mother - I'm really proud of you to be able to do that. You are an inspiration.
A few weeks ago I was snorkeling in Akumal and I thought of you,
was wondering if there is good reef snorkeling in the us virgin islands?
I have been to Tortola, but I hear that is very different from where you are located.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Wishing you all the best.

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:23 am

hugggggggggggssssssss Crys

will be thinking of you a lot hun

love
dandelion

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks everyone! blueisgreen, I am trying my best. ~blush~I'm not sure about the reef snorkeling. Maybe so. It might be good around St. John; 2/3 of the island or so is a national park. (I'm not an outdoors person much, but I did go to the beach the other day... ~lol~ I hadn't been there in years.... I still need a bathing suit! :lol:)

Tortola is nearby. :) That's part of the British Virgin Islands (BVI).

About my mom... I think I can forgive her.... She's tried her best. It's time to let whatever it is go.... I will try. :) It was hard looking at her after surgery. She didn't look right for a good while... (I mean, I guess that's "duh, cause she just had surgery", but nothing prepared me for how she would look (fragile, frail & infantile--every thing she is not).

She looked like a crumpled piece of paper someone had discarded.... She looked worse than how my dad looked.... I was almost very upset that I wanted to shake the doctors & ask them what they did with her.... I kept my composure, though....

My bracelet broke the day of the surgery in a strange way also & so I went racing back to the hospital.... Thought it was a bad omen.... I had switched bags, so I couldn't get in the hospital 'cause I'd left all my id home. (I'm lucky I didn't get stopped by the police....)

The nurse at 1 point had said she didn't like what she was seeing.... It has been something else.

Edit: I would like to see A5 return. I miss her!

xn728

easy now

Postby xn728 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:33 pm

take it easy on yourself ,best wishes to the family ,,,slow down a little
crystal ,onika ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ken,,,,,xn728

blueisgreen

Postby blueisgreen » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:46 pm

(((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))))
Silly! You don't need a bathing suit to enjoy the beach - just wear shorts or
yoga pants and a t-shirt or tank top or whatever. I am so envious you have that
beach to walk on every day! I am not an outdoors person either, and certainly not a good swimmer, but a few years ago I got up some nerve to snorkel and I can honestly say the best I ever feel is when I have my head down in that water, viewing all of the amazing sea creatures. It's such a relief from every day reality. The beauty is so breathtaking, the quiet except for the sounds of the fish eating the coral and my steady breathing. If you can try it in a safe place not far from shore, I think you would like it.

Sounds like a very scary experience to see your mother after surgery. Also, just so you know, the doctors rarely tell you this, but sometimes after surgery people can become very depressed. It has to do with the body being invaded and also sometimes due to what is said in the operating room that the subconscious mind can hear. So you may want to notice your mother's behavior in that regard. The fact that you have made a decision to forgive her is HUGE. Good for you and good luck with that process.

I wish you well my friend. Keep in touch.

Mich

Postby Mich » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi Crystal - I just want to let you know I am thinking about you. I am glad to see you posting here. *hugs*

Return to “Your Story”