Affraid of starting my life over

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Minja

Affraid of starting my life over

Postby Minja » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi Everyone
Im new here and a little bit scared to to begin, however, I am stuck in a place in my life where I cannot get out of. Im going through a divorce, and I am on my own for the first time in my life.Im so scared to face anything that I find it impossible to do anything about my situation.ive realised that im not independent at all, and now I have to start over but I have no idea where to start. I burst into tears every morning when I open my eyes and realise I have to face another day. My work is suffering under all of my personal issues and I don't know how to not let it affect my performance. Im staying with friends after owning my own house, I used to have a car but now im stranded without one.Getting to work everyday is a struggle...financially Im not earning enough to get a car either..or move into a place of my own. I feel things are just too much and I don't know how to cope anymore. Im feel like im such a failure...and im so embarrassed about it that im isolating myself from everyone. Thank you for allowing me to share my story with you and I just want to say that I respect the courage of everybody on this forum to share theirs too. It is quite scary, because it makes one feel a bit vulnerable.

Bree2063

Re: Affraid of starting my life over

Postby Bree2063 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Hello, just try to take five minutes in the morning to take a deep breath and tell yourself that you can do this, tell yourself that you can love another day, do good at work and that you're fine on your own. Of course you'll break down from time to time but it's all about how you get back together afterwards, try to convince yourself that you can stay strong alone and then eventually you I'll be able to do it. Once you feel ready you can always start dating again and I'm sure you'll find someone great because you're awesome, stay strong xoxo❤️

momataloss

Postby momataloss » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:25 am

Each day, decide to accomplish one or two things well. Afterward, you can congratulate yourself on being able to function. As the days go by, you will be able to add another thing and then another. You should stop to celebrate each and every step you take and every accomplishment, no matter how small. You are your own cheerleader right now. You will get stronger and better. You just can't give up on yourself or dwell on whatever you perceive to be your failures. Now, you are going to move forward. Today and tomorrow matter. Yesterday is over.

There's better stuff out there for you.

Minja

Postby Minja » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Thank you so much for your possitive messages. You have no idea how much it meant to me. I will try to focus on only the good in my life because you are right, there is no use dwelling in the past...only hurt comes of it. I don't feel so alone after your kind words and I hope that you too only find happiness in every aspect in your lives. I feel a bit of hope again..this is a powerful forum and im sending love to anyone going through a difficult time...Xxx

Return to “Your Story”