How do I include an image (jpeg, gif etc) in my post?

How to improve the forums – alternatively visit our contact page.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Support
Site Admin

How do I include an image (jpeg, gif etc) in my post?

Postby Support » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:10 pm

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:53 pm

Because these forums – along with all other forums – do not permit members to directly copy and paste images into posts, it is necessary to acquire a URL (Uniform Resource Locator) for your images.

This can easily be achieved by setting up an online image gallery. These forums will then connect to your individual URLs and display any images you wish to share.

There are many free sites where you can set up an online gallery. One such site which we highly recommend and have found very compatible with these forums is www.picturetrail.com

We suggest that you visit this site (or similar), sign up as a free member, upload any images you wish to post on these forums and set up an album. If you are unsure as to how to do this on “Picture Trail” we suggest you follow the “Help” section included (www.picturetrail.com/help) – this provides a comprehensive guide as to how use this service.

Once your images are uploaded to the “Picture Trail” website, all you need to do is click on “Image URLs” as shown below:

~

~

The URL for the image you wish to display in your post on these forums will appear in the field as highlighted below:

~

~

We know that this may appear a little complicated at a first glance, but once familiar with the procedure it is a very simple way in which to brighten up your posts – especially in reference to the “Art Work” section of these forums.

All we ask is that you try to not make your image file sizes excessively large as this will cause these forums to slow up for those using slow connection methods to the internet.

We hope this helps, if not then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Last edited by Support on Wed May 16, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LThomas

Postby LThomas » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:12 pm

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:53 am

oh wow YAY!!! this is cool ... actually I have opened a photobucket account to do the same thing lolol but I'll open one at this other site as well.

thanks much.

xxx Lisa xxx

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:41 am

Can I just say that if you don't want to open an account, use Tinypic at http://tinypic.com/ It a way of hosting images for free without an account. You upload your picture there, and then use the code in the "IMG" box next to your picture to put the picture on the forum. (You just paste that code into your post, looks something like...

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://tinypic.com/juy4w3.jpg[/IMG]
(this has been put in a code box, cause if I just copied and pasted it, it would show as a picture!)

Tigger
xxxxxxxx

jellybean

Postby jellybean » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:16 pm

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:20 pm

Hmm just trying this Picture of my cute furbaby Benjie

Image Image

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:18 pm

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:02 pm

((((((((((((((((((jelly)))))))))))))))))))))

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Thanks for sharing.

Wow ((((((((((((((support))))))))))))))) you do your homework, don't you.

(((((((((((((((Tigger))))))))))))) thanks for joining the band wagon.

Love to all

Warmie

8)

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:55 am

ummm jellybean, you mean "spoilt one" Benjy!

He is cute though
Tigger
xxxxxx

Toney

Postby Toney » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:17 pm

We suggest that you visit this site (or similar), sign up as a free member, upload any images you wish to post on these forums and set up an album. If you are unsure as to how to do this on “Picture Trail” we suggest you follow the “Help” section included (www.picturetrail.com/help) – this provides a comprehensive guide as to how use this service.

100footpole

Looks Legit ...

Postby 100footpole » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:07 pm

I went to this site and looked at some of the member profiles.

One of them was stored at picturetrail.com / hitty.

I'd never heard of the doll before, and spent another 15 minutes looking her up on the Internet.

You need to give in order to get ... and Hitty and her old friend Rachel Field probably could be an example for all of us.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”