PLEASE CHANGE THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How to improve the forums – alternatively visit our contact page.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Aurelia5

PLEASE CHANGE THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Aurelia5 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi Kind and Wonderful Moderators -

I just spent 2 hours writing a really dense and informational letter to someone here, went to Preview, it wanted my login name, rejected it, wanted it again, took it, and went back to the catagory I was in and my letter, which I strained my brain on, WAS GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there ANY way you can get ahold of the programmers and get them to fix it so you don't lose letters you've just wracked your brain to write?

I got so mad my face is STILL red.

Thank you dears, I know you'll try.

A5

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:44 pm

((((((((((((((((( Aurelia5 )))))))))))))))))

Truly sorry that happened. Will pass the message on and if there is anything they can do, I am sure they will.

Thanks for letting us know.

Warmie/Jeanie13

Whisper

notepad can be good friend

Postby Whisper » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:52 am

Oh, that's so frustrating isn't it. I've had it happen, so now I put my posts, emails, etc in notebook and give them a name to save in case I want to finish later. It protects you from computer crashes and the scenario that happened to you too. If you bang off your post quickly, you just copy and paste, but its best to save it just in case.

Jeanne

grok

Postby grok » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:10 am

(((((((( Aurelia5 ))))))))

This has happened to me too. I had a carefully crafted three paragraph post ready, and it got lost just the same way yours did. It gave me a lot of anger and frustration. I think it has to do with a timer deal, seems to happen on the longer thought out posts.

My quick fix is now I highlight and copy the thing just prior to previewing it. That way if it disappears I can go right back, paste it in again, and all I have to remember is whatever clever title I had come up with.

Hope this helps,
G.

redux

Postby redux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:56 am

1. Use another software such as WordPad to type, then copy and paste into the browser.

2. Type it in a browser but select all and copy now and then to "save" as grok suggested. But make sure the browser has reliable undo capability, a wrong keystroke could wipe you out when you select, but the undo would save you again. Still a little risky because if you accidentally close tab or go back, it's gone!

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:01 pm

All good advice, and will help you from losing your precious messages.

I did check on this, and I'm informed the forums only sign you out after an hour of inactivity (if I understood correctly). So, I'm not actually sure why this is happening so much.

Sorry, I know this post is pretty meaningless, I just wanted to make a note this had been checked on.

Take care ((((((((( All ))))))))))

Stephen

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”