An Observation (for all the good it will do)

How to improve the forums – alternatively visit our contact page.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:19 am

Thanks for your feedback ((((((((( SoulInDespair ))))))))

I now think it's a combination of two things:

1) The board layout (as you described) would be more inviting and cover more subjects if it were reorganised into sections similar to as you described.

2) This website is relatively new in comparison with more established forums. Therefore there are less people at the moment to answer, and less of a community feel about it.

And very speculatively, the mighty Google probably ranks this site better in a search for depression chat, than depression forums (untested theory though!).

If the board were reorganised hopefully it would be used more by existing members, and given more time the forums would establish themselves better?

Just my thoughts, anyone else have any suggestions?

Stephen

SoulInDespair

Postby SoulInDespair » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:35 am

Sounds like your headed in the right directions. I did a goggle search and your forum ranks third on their list. I came here first because I found from my one goldfish forum I like to go to, that sometimes smaller forums can be more friendlier, more homey and less intimidating. The flip side to that is sometimes they're less active too and questions get overlooked or go for days before being answered. Sometimes my needs require a more immeditate response.

The number one ranking forum has 36 subjects with several sub-forums attached and it gets lots of traffic. Another thing I noticed is that you can't get into all the forums unless you're a member or have a special password. This would be great. I may not want the whole world to know what I coming to the forum to talk about. Forcing people to join to have access to these 36 forum subjects gives some protection to it's members. Passwords to the sub-forums like sexual abuse would help members feel safe because other areas might have depressed members who were abusive to their kids in the past but in recovery now and sexual abuse is a very sensitive subject.

I do realize this is a huge undertaking for you. Making the forum larger would require more mods and admins to monitor what was going on and assuming this is a worldwide forum you'd need moderators that could be on the forum when the rest of the world is asleep.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 pm

Good ideas Stephen

Warmie 8)

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:53 am

Thank you so much for all this input from all of you. It gave me an idea..... I'll be seeing you in the forums. :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:16 am

((((((((((( Everyone )))))))))))

I realize that it isn't the quantity that always matters. It is the quality. The support, concern and care we share comes from the heart. You can't put a price tag on that.

Call me old fashion, call me me sentimental, but I would rather be with a few that cares about their fellow man than with a crowd for that would be the 'in thing' or 'cool thing' to do or be at.

For all that that post, that read, that give of themselves, thank you!

Warmie/Jeanie

nenkohai

Postby nenkohai » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:16 am

Tried.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”