Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

keluca

'I want to be bipolar'

Postby keluca » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:46 am

In the bbc news there has been an artical 'I want to be bipolar'

Here is the link to it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8609461.stm

What are your thoughts?

I am shocked people would want to be diagnosed with it... I have been given some meds (yesterday) without being told a diagnosis and when I looked them up they said to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and seeing either of those diagnosis put fear of god in me.

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Interesting article.

I think most of us know inside that something just isn't right. It is a bit of a relief to have a dx and have a name for all of our mental stress. There is also an ready made excuse for why we may act differently than others. For me, having a dx was the starting point for healing. I finally knew what I was up against and could learn what to do to better myself.

Sadly some people just want to be part of the crowd and claim all kinds of things just to fit in. They really have no idea what if means to live with a mental illness day in and day out. It is their own ignorance that make a fake dx appealing. Sad.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:50 pm

((((((((( keluca and Jeanne ))))))))))))))

My thoughts, don't want to deal with the things I do, don't wish for them, but deal with them I do, as so many do. Hope that makes some sense.

Warmie

aenasmith

Postby aenasmith » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:42 am

This article is nice and interesting. It is about the Bipolar disorder of the people who are suffering from mental disease. Bipolar disorder's new diagnosis may reflect a person's aspiration for social status and a feeling that by having the condition.

Return to “Mental Health News”