A Huge Campaign to Conquor Mental Health Discrimination

News and discussion.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

illGuyX

A Huge Campaign to Conquor Mental Health Discrimination

Postby illGuyX » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Apparently costing £16 million or more for a month long of activities, the article in question is at here.

Use this resource as another form of educational material :)

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:24 pm

i watched the tv ad, its good.. I agree with it, there is a lot of prejudice against depression and somethiing needs to be done about it.. Its like telling a person to get over cancer, depression is a illness just like any other that you can't just get over it.
Every person with depression should come together as a group and fight for our right to be respected as a human being.

illGuyX

I'm kinda lucky

Postby illGuyX » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:15 am

As I live with family and friends who understand this. I know some of my friends at DU and I know there are fair number of members at DU still living in the shadows, living with unsupportive family, partners and friends. Especially in the US. So I really hope they find the campaign site another benefit to educate their family and friends.

It is a shame they have not paid for global ad for all over the world. Well it at least they are shouting somewhere :) Well it is on the internet ! :)

I also like the ad too and still glad that DU is a constant source of online support, especially the chat rooms and forum.

Also check out their YouTube channel, encouraging you to vote and share this ad with everyone.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:19 pm

((((((((((((((( illGuy ))))))))))))))))))

It is a great chat room, isn't it.

Warmie 8)

Return to “Mental Health News”