Reading in public

News and discussion.

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Frame

Monty

Reading in public

Postby Monty » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 am

Hi everyone.

I have mentioned many times that I have ECT.

Since then I have become a different person.

Yesterday I actually went totally outside of my comfort zone. There was a reading at one of our local bookstores and I read an exerpt from a book that was on a book launch.

The author was there and I had seven minutes to read. I have no idea how long I read but I received a lot of praise for my reading.

Am not sure if they were just being polite, but I actually think that I did ok.

May not be able to do that sort of thing often (especially because I had to use my own words to explain why I chose my reading).

Just thought that I'd let you guys know that I figure that I did something rather (which is good because I usually the worst enemy of Ihave) brave for me.

Take care everyone
Monty

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:59 am

OMG! I am so proud of you! That was such a huge step to take! I'm so glad it went so well for you. I hope you do try and do this again.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 am

Congrats Monty. Proud of you. It couldn't have been easy but you did it! That's awesome.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:42 am

I am late, but indeed, kudos to you!
~Crystal

I'm not exactly digging myself out of the hole but creating a tunnel to get out another way. Throwing dirt from one end of the pit to the other isn't going to get me anywhere. Instead, I'll create my own path.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi Monty! I took a page out of your book.... & well, the other day, I was actually socializing..... :lol: I said the S word.... :lol:

Sometimes.... I think way too fast or am blank to actually hold a conversation. & if I'm nervous, I most likely won't talk.
~Crystal

I'm not exactly digging myself out of the hole but creating a tunnel to get out another way. Throwing dirt from one end of the pit to the other isn't going to get me anywhere. Instead, I'll create my own path.

Return to “Mental Health News”