how to treat a with depressed

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

kamal

how to treat a with depressed

Postby kamal » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:53 pm

hi all would you like know how to treat someone who is depressed then why you wait so long just visit this
http://www.outofstress.com/how-to-treat ... person.php

~

Post moved from "Warmsoul's Corner" by dAaAdmin on 16th February 2006.

Thank you very much for your post Kamal. We thought your link would be more appropriately situated, and advantageously positioned here in our collection of other information about depression, anxiety etc.

~

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:54 pm

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:16 pm

Interesting Karmal, ty

Warmie

8)

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:55 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:27 pm

Thanks for the link kamal.

If you, or anyone else has other links they'd like to include in "The Library" then please don't be shy in including them. It would be nice to create a store of knowledge that we could all refer to... yeah, ok, I'm guilty of not including a single article so far! I will work on it.

Stephen.

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:49 am

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:17 am

Mind you, I don't actually agree with all that this article says. And I quote....
If you do tend to take the depressed person to a doctor make sure to tell him that he is not abnormal and that this is just a phase that everyone goes through

To me that is a load of rubbish, and would, at my worst times, have me feeling worse. This is NOT just a "phase" a phase implies it will pass, in the same way teenage tantrums might pass. This is more than that, and for many many of us something we will have to fight for the rest of our lives.

In another place in the article, this is said
Identify a good support group and help him join the group. If he rejects your offer, tell him that you were to a similar group once and being in such a group will help him find similar people with whom he/she can share his/her thoughts and ideas. This should do the bit
Excuse me, so are you now saying because depressed people are stupid or something, you should lie to them? ONLY tell them you were once part of such a group IF you truely were.

Sorry, but I feel this article is badly written and patronising

Sue
xxxxxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:50 am

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:06 am

(((((((((((((((((((MyBouncingTigger))))))))))))))))))

Well stated and thank you for sharing.

Love to you

Warmie

8)

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:51 am

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:14 pm

Yes, having now read it, it really is quite patronising... for example, referring to us as "The depressed person". And as Tigger said, to lie to "The depressed person"? – What is that all about?

I won't even comment on the grammar.

I don't mean any offence to the author – healthy discussion is always a good thing in my opinion.

Stephen.

Avenging Angel

Postby Avenging Angel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm well aware I'm commenting on an article posted well over a year ago, but 'kamal' joined this forum for the express purpose of spamming it with an article that is, at best, misguided and, at worst, dangerously misleading, full of outmoded and outdated myths and is something that could only cause nothing but harm to someone who is severely depressed.

The best place for articles - and people - like this is the bin.

Just to add, I became angry within the first sentence: -

...but there are some for whom depression has become a way of life.

I'm sorry, but this makes it sound as though we've CHOSEN to become depressed, as though it's some kind of lifestyle choice, like I dunno, voyeurism, or body building.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:05 pm

Depression is depression. Personally I deal with it daily, make my life as normal as I can. Try to give support to others, in friendship, understanding and love.

Amazes me that you have all the answers to treating depression. Why aren't you a doctor, or are you?

I live reality daily. There is no cure or easy way other than to take it one day at a time.

How to treat someone who is depressed

My answer to your statement is: "With respect and kindness, no false hopes.

Warmie 8)

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”