Medication question

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Celtic

Medication question

Postby Celtic » Mon May 21, 2018 8:07 am

I have severe depression and have tried several antidepressants. I can't abide the side effects. I have a stomach ulcer so cannot tolerate serotonin reuptake inhibitors. I have heart arrhythmias (PVCs) so cannot take medicines that work on norepinephrine. I have enlarged prostate so TCAs are not advisable. I have anxiety with depression so need a medicine that works on both. I don't need anything that agitates, sedates, or causes weight gain. I have tried moclobemide which didn't have a lot of side effects but didn't help, either. I took it for two weeks and it made me nervous and restless at the end. Tried Zoloft, caused stomach upset and headaches. Tried Cymbalta, caused bad insomnia. Tried Trintellix, caused trouble breathing and fatigue. Tried nortriptyline, caused increased heart rate and insomnia. Tried Wellbutrin, caused nervousness, and anxiety worsened. I've used Tianeptine; it helped but tolerance developed.

I've researched many antidepressants and seems theer are none that I'm suited for. Can anyone help/make suggestions about antidepressants that might work for me? Thanks.

Celtic

Re: Medication question

Postby Celtic » Mon May 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Can anyone help with suggestions or opinions?

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”