Can't shake depression

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Saratonin

Can't shake depression

Postby Saratonin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:04 am

I've been on various medications for 12 years and I'm still not 100%. Currently, I'm taking 60mg of Cymbalta, 300mg of Wellbutrin, and Trazadone to sleep. The last couple days I've been depressed. I don't know what else to do. I'm afraid to complain to my pdoc, because nothing seems to work or work for very long. I've been on Lexapro, Effexor, Prozac etc. I was diagnosed with MDD & anxiety. What do I do next?

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:43 am

I saw an article about "truth in labeling" for prescription drugs. One of the things the article wanted manufacturers to do is tell how effective their drugs are. Think of cures for headaches ... we have tons of brands and types of delivery systems, even before we get to the prescription drugs.

Once you understand there is not one drug that will work all the time you can start creating plans for moving from where you are ... what are you going to do to move forward? What are you not going to do to go backward?

Best Wishes.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Can't shake depression

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:53 am

Saratonin wrote:I've been on various medications for 12 years and I'm still not 100%. Currently, I'm taking 60mg of Cymbalta, 300mg of Wellbutrin, and Trazadone to sleep. The last couple days I've been depressed. I don't know what else to do. I'm afraid to complain to my pdoc, because nothing seems to work or work for very long. I've been on Lexapro, Effexor, Prozac etc. I was diagnosed with MDD & anxiety. What do I do next?

Prescriptions do not work by themselves most of the time, you have to do things with them. If you cant sleep then work on solving that problem. Work on why you cannot sleep. Is it overthinking, or severe stress. When i was afraid of dogs i confronted the problem, eventually after a few months i overcome that issue. Confront what makes you anxious. I think you should complain to your doctor. It will work in your favour, doctors are there to give you things that work and to advise you. Taking too many sleeping pills will make you go to sleep but it will be harder to wake up and you would feel tired all the time. Its not good. Tell you doctor about the issues you are facing.

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”