roseroot

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

hazeleyes

roseroot

Postby hazeleyes » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Has anyone heard of or tried rhodiola rosea (also known as rose root)? I've read a little about it but can't find much info. Supposedly it's been used in Russia many years, but all the info I find says it's fairly new and needs more testing.

Prycejosh1987

Re: roseroot

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:00 am

hazeleyes wrote:Has anyone heard of or tried rhodiola rosea (also known as rose root)? I've read a little about it but can't find much info. Supposedly it's been used in Russia many years, but all the info I find says it's fairly new and needs more testing.

Google says about rhodiola rosea:
Its roots are considered adaptogens, meaning they help your body adapt to stress when consumed. Rhodiola is also known as arctic root or golden root, and its scientific name is Rhodiola rosea. ... People in Russia and Scandinavian countries have used rhodiola to treat anxiety, fatigue and depression for centuries.
You can try the herbal medication it can be very effective but you have to make it a routine, its like taking herbal sleeping pills. They work when you make a routine out of taking them for some time. There is no complete guarantee they will work. Herbal tablets are definitely more safer than over dosing on prescriptions. They can have side effects, just be cautious when you try them. Tell your doctor about this and see if they agree with you, in trying this herbal medication.

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”