Question about mirtazapine

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

mattyj

Question about mirtazapine

Postby mattyj » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:08 am

i have been on mirtazapine for about 2.5 weeks (first week on 15mg now 30mg since)

how long does it take to start working?

i feel my mood swings are gone (i was swinging between happy sad angry really easily)

now im just sad all the time and cry at least once a day

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:09 am

Should be a few weeks.

TammyJS

Postby TammyJS » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:11 pm

I know this post is older, but I just saw this thread and I also take mirtazapine. Depending on the person it can take 4-6 weeks before you will have the full effect. Also, with every increase in dosage it will take another 4-6 weeks.
Hang in there is can be a long process before we find out which medication and dosage will work for us and it can get costly for some of us even with co-pays.
I will add a link that if you are interested, scroll down and you will see some of the more common antidepressants given. http://www.pharmacydrugguide.com/Catego ... epressants

I also take Bupropion in the am. and lorazepam before bed and if need be during the day for anxiety.

I always ask for a sample to help with the costs. You can type in a medication name in the upper right search box and see if a coupons or sample come up.

Hopefully things are going better for you by now.

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”