Balancing the Mind

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Frame

Balancing the Mind

Postby Frame » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:12 pm

SMcGregor wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 am
You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind

Learn about the power of subconscious mind and techniques to help you overcome life issues such as overcoming anxiety, depression, insomnia, stress, increasing self confidence (and many more aspects) using scientifically proven mind power techniques.

Kindest regards,

SMcGregor also wrote:Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 am
If our ability to sleep becomes disturbed, our health and emotional balance are affected resulting in physical fatigue, irritability and increased susceptibility to illness.

Overcoming sleeplessness is dealt with by teaching and practising the following skills:

The ability to consciously relax and to release stress any time, anywhere,
The ability to focus your mind
The ability to neutralise and reprogram hurt memories
The ability to develop mind/body exercises to overcome depression
The ability to develop new responses to stressful events

I think fear and sleeplessness are a HUGE issue as, they tend to become a vicious cycle. Fear is a major contributor to stress, and stress to depression. So, learning to vanquish fear is a tremendous tool in maintaining emotional stability.

Stress is essential for life and growth. Without the stress of gravity, astronauts will loose muscle and bone mass. Without the stress of complex problems we will loose the ability to solve complex problems. But chronic unrelenting emotional stress will unbalance many parts of our bodies. Thus, I think it a good idea to develop the skills McGregor speaks of. Whatever time we can give is time we should give to practising methods of embracing our world with optimism. There is plenty of information out there to guide us.

Frame

Expectation Calibration

Postby Frame » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:17 am

I occurs to me that perhaps this is part of the answer. Realigning our expectations so that we believe that we are who, and what, and where are supposed to be regardless of what the outer world or our inner demons tell us.
Expressions | Common Sense | Frame wrote:It occurs to me periodically, as it does this morning, that for all suffering I inflict on myself I am not so far from the path I could have foreseen in grade school. Never mind where I am in relation to where I have been taught I should be. Never mind where I am in relation to other people's judgements or the life path I have cobbled together.

And it occurs to me that this suffering I inflict on myself, whether necessary or not, is part of a recalibration of my expectations. And it occurs to me that most suffering and stress in the world is all part of a recalibration. Some people accept change more readily; some want it faster, some not at all. But how we react to change has much to do with our suffering. The world never stood still. Change has always gone on.

And this is important because whether and how we suffer has more to do with our health than any real physical change itself. I wish I had some directions, some wise words to follow. My apologies.

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”