Driving

Other hobbies and interests.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

crystalgaze

Driving

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 am

It's about time I put this here. :)

I do enjoy going for a drive around on the island.

Last night, there was some barely visible lightning in the sky. The thunder was sorta exciting as well.

Now.... Where my drive went just a tad sour was that I saw some police on the road. There were lots of flashing blue lights. You don't know just HOW much I CAN'T STAND those things!!! They are so blinding.

And to a former (?) seizure-matic person, it's annoying. And as someone who wears glasses, they hurt my eyes.... :lol:

I was really spooked when there was an officer standing in the road at a stoplight to direct traffic. There were also orange cones on the asphalt for half the road after I passed the light.

Now, I slowed to a crawl because the officer was standing in the road and he actually expected me to be able to pass, not like in the middle of the road itself but in the middle of my lane.... Then, he was wearing all black and there wasn't much reflective stuff on him that I could see!!! He had this reflective orange baton in his hand, but he wasn't waving it all the time. I almost didn't see him!! :roll:

(Hello.... His a$$ was in the road!! What could I do?! I had a brief moment of :x .... Now how would that look? Me running over a police officer? Goodness gracious! As if I want that!!! I can just see it now: all the officers on site beating me down for it. -_-; )

Don't get me wrong.... I love the police.... I haven't had any problems with them and have never even gotten a ticket. They look great in their uniforms, but that was just a tad on the daft side.....

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:20 pm

(((((((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))))))))

Maybe write a charming letter and request reflective material be added to the uniforms, for the officers own safety?

Think I would.

Still hope you enjoy your drive. Me I sit on the new upper deck and watch the moon and stars. No driving, no traffic, just me and Gods creation of beauty. :)

Warmie

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:58 pm

((( crystal )))

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:50 pm

I went for another drive today. It was a bit unexpected. A friend called me early early in the morning, saying he wanted to see me. I was sort of surprised.

I did have plans for the day, but after the call, I decided to put them off for a little bit. Well, it ended up in me losing it, driving away and leaving my 'friend' standing there.

You know.... 'Friends' are something else. This particular one is a '?' to me. He will say he wants to see me, hang out/spend time together/whatever, right and then I will end up stopping here and there to do errands (not mine). I don't mind helping people, but I don't want to be or feel abused/used/misled/etc.

& so.... we went to do an errand. I ended up waiting in the car in a place where I didn't want to be anyway for at least 20 minutes to a half hour maybe. Of course, I got impatient, and before my favorite song on the CD played, I started up the car and drove off, as he was ringing my phone.

I was so angry.... I took a drive just to try to cool off and then after a point, I called back and asked if he were done. Since I am a kind person by nature, I went back to pick him up, although I really wanted to go home and leave his a$$ right there.

After he got in the car, we spoke/argued for a bit. I wasn't arguing with him because I had already had enough time to recover. He said he wanted to go home, so I dropped him back home. I went home, and that was the end of it.

Now, I can be impatient.... Yes, that's true.... but you know what bugged me most of all was that he made it sound like he wanted to spend time with me and my whole thing is this: If you say you want to spend time with me, then do so.

Perhaps, I am a jealous gal by nature.... I don't know... but if someone says something like that to me, then I want his/her undivided attention because that's what I do for others for the most part.

I am such a hothead by nature.... Heaven help me for being an Aries.... :lol:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:30 pm

((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))))))))

Just to let you know I am glad you are my friend. Have missed you.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:12 pm

((((((((( Warmie ))))))))))))))

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:32 pm

((((((((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))))))))))

I truly enjoy your hugs, thank you! :)

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:57 am

I haven't gone driving in a while.... Maybe I might go out today.... The people who are building the house are trying to park in our driveway & all sorts of bull. :roll:

They are being so cheap, but that is not the real issue. The grass on their lot is very high--at least as tall as me & I'm about 5'6". If they would simply cut the grass, they would have places to park (for their workers & whomever else may come). They are so inconsiderate, but maybe I'm giving them too much credit because they probably don't give 2 hoots anyway.

(I don't mean to be negative about this, but that's the vibe I get from them with their attitude & all.)

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Here where I live, if our grass gets over 6 inches tall we get a notice from the neighborhood watch on our door to cut our grass. If we don't, we can be fined by the city.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:10 pm

(((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))))))

I do understand the problem parking on my property, on holidays. They visit a neighbor and immediately think "I will just park in the neighbors drive". Private parking people!

((((((((((((( Obayan )))))))))))))))

Right now, with the lack of rain, I really don't need to be concerned with keeping the lawn cut. Grass isn't brown, is it? LOL

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:52 pm

((((((((((((((((( Warmie ))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad I went for a drive.

The only thing that spoiled it was the police coming up behind me with flashing lights & no siren.... I had the windows rolled up, the mirrors turned so I wouldn't be blinded from behind by someone's high beams (& people just love to tailgate with their high beams on), music on but not loud & of course, I didn't see or hear it, until the last minute, swerving into some grass on the side of the road.... That messed up my nerves.

I have realized that I have lost my smile & possibly my happiness. Now, I just need to figure out what went wrong & where + fix it.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:26 pm

I went for a drive early this morning shortly after dawn. Not much people were on the road, so I could actually pay attention to the sky & the trees....

I do love to see the mahogany trees that line the road.... The road should really probably be called Old Mahogany Road.... :)

After getting West, I drove around in the town to refresh my memory of where roads go. (I'm just glad it's not one way in places, like it is in East.)

A cruise ship was in.... That was an interesting sight, & I got out of the car for a bit, strolling down the waterfront. When I got to a point, I turned back.... :lol: You know how it is.... I saw PEOPLE gathering on the side of the street, & I wasn't in the mood.... I was like, "No... No... No...." The people were vendors (that sort of thing).

As I was walking back to the car, this gentleman driving a bus gave me a big, warm "Morning!" ... & of course, I made sure to get into the car & get on out of there before I attracted anymore attention. :lol:

Drivers on the road were, of course, ridiculous as usual.... I don't think I'll ever see the end of that. Some garp-seeded... I mean the light turned green & I tooted softly... They still were there. I tooted softly but a little louder.... The car was still standing at the light & then it was finally like, "OH, RIGHT.... THE LIGHT's GREEN... LET ME MOVE...." Funny, I tell ya....

The rest weren't as humorous, but oh well.... This car was trying to get out but traffic was passing. I'm going 30 on that road with the mahogany trees I described earlier (Queen Mary's Highway). The car pulls out & nearly hits me, which I can't just come to a stop just like that & 30 is well below the speed limit on that road. I'm tooting. The car keeps coming. I keep tooting (but not obnoxiously). I keep going. Ridiculous.

On the hill near where I live was even more absurd.... The people were driving too fast on the hill... I'm tooting so they know to reel in their crazy driving.... They still keep coming over the line. It was like 4 or 5 cars on that 1 hill.... Goodness gracious....

Then, when I got down to the corner & I went slowly--like 20 mph--this car was still very much over on my side. I was already all the way left till if I went anymore, I'd be off the road in the ditch.....

It got a tad stressful as you can see, as I was coming home, but I did make it back.... (Thank heavens!)

Here's to being in 1 piece..... (Phew!)

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:29 pm

Glad you made it home safely. Had to be quite an ordeal.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri May 20, 2011 7:41 am

Well, some idiot nearly killed me the day before yesterday....

I was driving on a dark road one late night. That time I decided not to speed. Instead, I went the speed limit. The person in the car behind me was tailing me & I could tell he/she was very upset with how I was driving.

Before I knew it, a car I didn't see passing in my lane was coming straight for me. What a head-on collision that would've been! The reason I didn't see the car was that IT HAD ON NO LIGHTS. I only finally recognized it was there, because the person in the car turned on the lights!!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:36 am

((((((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))))))))

Oh my, that would have scared me for sure. Perhaps young drivers playing games??

Warmie

Return to “Other/Miscellaneous Interests”