Video Games (Occasional)

Other hobbies and interests.

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Frame

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Okay, so I'm still playing FFVIII....

Some of my other strategies include:

8. Knocking out all my characters, except the one I want to level up at the time.

I did this early on, after the 1st mission before Squall (main character) becomes a SeeD.... I wanted Diablos early, so I could Mug enemies, especially the bosses at the end of Disc 1.

Since it's pretty early, the only bonuses you can get are maybe Strength & Magic Bonus, so that's what I equip.

Later on, before/after the Galbadia mission, where Irvine joins, & being in prison, there are other bonuses you can equip like Spirit & HP Bonus.... If you have Rosetta Stone handy, you can equip up to 4 Bonuses at a time.

9. Using a Pocket Station to level up Boko, so he can kick some butt if you don't wanna level up per se! (& grab items, hack with Rewrite ID, if you don't have a good ID, so you can have a better chance at obtaining rare items;

In order to hack with Rewrite ID, you have to have a PS2 that can be hacked. I used a brand new PS2 memory card, which is cheap now, & the Sony Memory Card Adaptor for PS3 with the Noobie Package for Free McBoot, I believe it's called. Worked like a charm & believe it works on both Windows & Linux.... Finding the files can be a little mini-adventure, but it's worth it & they can be secured.)

The Pocket Station is purely optional, but it was classic, as my Mom was quite curious about the device. She asked me if it were a phone & whether I get calls on it. It was absolute rofl, but her idea was not bad.... I didn't laugh at her, though.... (I mean, that's my Mom after all & hey she plays games on her NDS.)
~Crystal

I'm not exactly digging myself out of the hole but creating a tunnel to get out another way. Throwing dirt from one end of the pit to the other isn't going to get me anywhere. Instead, I'll create my own path.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:32 pm

I put down the Pocket Station and I put down FFVIII..... For some reason, I guess I lost interest, just with FFVII... Jeez....

I'm on Disc 3 & haven't fought the masculine-looking sorceress with the red hair yet (the one with the body art).(Oh forgive me.... I can't remember her name. Was it Sorceress Adel maybe? Hum.... I'm really foggy.)

I did go through an old SNES game called Arcana and was thoroughly captivated. I may very well beat the game again for the second time.....

Maybe I'll get back to FFVIII later....
~Crystal

I'm not exactly digging myself out of the hole but creating a tunnel to get out another way. Throwing dirt from one end of the pit to the other isn't going to get me anywhere. Instead, I'll create my own path.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 am

I feel like playing FF VII again. I really do wish they would remake it (the entire game) with updated graphics so it would be as beautiful or even more so as Crisis Core was on PSP.

If I do get around to it, I'm going to play it differently this time.
~Crystal

LeoMegz088

Postby LeoMegz088 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:08 pm

I play a few different games on facebook. Usually sit here all day and play, if I don't have anything else going on. I also have a Steam account...but need an updated graphics card for most of the games. Just recently got into Maple Story. Cute game. And I do play the 360 on occasion.

WillieWillieHH

Postby WillieWillieHH » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:36 am

just this fast few days, i started playing FFIX again.

Return to “Other/Miscellaneous Interests”