Crocheting & Sewing

Other hobbies and interests.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

AvalonMyst

Crocheting & Sewing

Postby AvalonMyst » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:58 pm

I used to be an avid crocheter. I would crochet items to donate to the local hospital, such as baby cocoons and hats.

I also used to sew dolls for the local hospital (where I use to live) for breast cancer patients.

Haven't done either of these things in a while, but I'm sure I'll get back to it. I seem to get obsessed with it for months and then lose interest for months.

I would love to be able to sew dogs shirts and embroider their name/phone number on the shirt and make a go at selling them. Who knows, maybe 1 day.

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi AvalonMyst, it's good to see you did something productive and also supportive for charity. Alot of people rely on donations which is there lively hood.

Have you thought about going back to that again? Sounds like its something you liked and gave you accomplishment.

It would be good if you do.

Stay Strong.

AvalonMyst

Postby AvalonMyst » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:42 pm

Hey Helloraspberries1!

Yes I would like to do it again. I just go through phases where crocheting/sewing no longer interests me and a bit down the road I will pick it up again. So what I've found myself doing is when I lose interest, I get my boyfriend to take the yarn and/or fabric to a nursing home near where we use to live.

I've only lived in Maryland for a bit over 2 years, so to be honest a bit shy of contacting the local hospital to see if they can use donated crocheted/sewn items. What I think I would really like to do as well is once I get back to sewing is making doggy vests with "Adopt Me" embroidered on them for local rescues for their adoption events. That would be outstanding to be able to do that :)

defeated

Re: Crocheting & Sewing

Postby defeated » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:46 pm

AvalonMyst someday you must teach me how to crochet! I still love my scoodie, can't wait to use it again this winter <3

I'm sure you'll get back into it soon and you must post pics of your creations when you do. Especially if you do the dog stuff lol

<3.

Return to “Other/Miscellaneous Interests”