Amateur Theatre Production

Other hobbies and interests.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

illGuyX

Amateur Theatre Production

Postby illGuyX » Sun May 18, 2008 5:00 pm

By joining a theatre group, it has been testing my confidence and anxiety to the max at the beginning. It has taken me over year to get used to them. I still suffer from anxiety on and off during my time there.

There are times when I have to push myself to doing the theatre work. Which I believe maybe the pills or my depression.

I highly recommend this activity to anyone that finds a similar production near them. They are very supportive and has it been helping me....[slowly :(]

I had an botheringsome 6 month rehearsal. Every week on a Friday we meet up to rehearse. Then nearing the live performance dates, the last 2 weeks are exhausting. But turned out great in the end.

Stage Construction : Almost finished

Lights being Tested

I had to rehearse with my other stage manager how to change the stage

A little brief of what I did below:

The title of the play, is quite a mouth full lol
"The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production Of Macbeth"

Show went great. What is interesting about our production is that we have to build our stage a week in advance. This is so me and my partner in crime on stagement could rehearse our technical parts, whilst the actors got to rehearse with their costume changes. After all the performances have been done. After the last performance we have to dismantle the top half of the stage down and then have a chill out party at the end.

I was 'right stage management' whilst I had a partner in crime doing the 'left stage management'. It sure did take two of us ^^.

These are my routines I had to do:

* Totally change the set during the beginning as fast as I could. The stage is four columns, with two them kept up by weights. I had to also put a fountain ready.
    * Pushed the fountain over soon the lights was up
    * I had to make the moon fall.
    * Make snow fall with an aid of a ladder.
    * 6 black out changes within 1 minute.
    * Swing a dagger out on and off
    * Helping Someone make themselves messy then quickly close the curtains after a bang.
    * Reset the cauldron full of junk
    * Prepare a couple of swords [plastic :p]
    * Helped one of the actors change into 5 hats whilst he ran across the stage. Followed by a glass. he was more knackered than I was :P
    * Made sure everything got reset after each production

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:17 pm

((((((((((( illGuy)))))))))))))))))))))

Interesting, I must say. Thank you for sharing.

Warmie 8)

illGuyX

Postby illGuyX » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:30 pm

You nailed it really, it's just to show how interesting it is. I sure found it that, it also took me a while to get used to the company.

Roughly 2 productions and everyone in the company are now in my facebook :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Keep up the good work ((((((((((((( illGuyX)))))))))))))))

Warmie/Jeanie

confused

Postby confused » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:54 am

I'm glad you enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing. I'm a professional Stage Manager and I understand the anxiety.

illGuyX

I just hope...

Postby illGuyX » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:57 am

I just hope I inspire other people who suffer from depression and anxiety to try this activity out.

It sure helped me, it even built some confidence into me too.

Return to “Other/Miscellaneous Interests”