Nostalgia:what do your remember from your younger years?

Other hobbies and interests.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Denv12

Nostalgia:what do your remember from your younger years?

Postby Denv12 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

I wanrted to post this tyopic because I've posted this on various other forums and its brightened up peoples days.Here goes:

Please think about this:
Nostalgia:what do you remember from your younger years?
It can be tv shows,toys,people you knew,your best friiends,your pets,basically anything.What music did tyou enjoy as a child? Here's the place to share your memories. I'll go first:
As I'm an aussie,I remember the old 1960s tv adverts,things like "Hey Charger!,and how we all used to go around as kids giving peace signs to to owners of the new Valiant chargers.

I remember here in Adelaide when Balfours pies and pasties were 10 cents each.So were a packet of hot chips that you could get from fish shops.10 cents was the mininum of chips.

I remember my toys from my childhood.I managed to hold on to a few and I've bought many since I got older.

I love old tv shows,especially the comedies like "On The Buses".Poor old Stan.Please Sir,was another,Mind your language just to mention a few.
I remember in Sydney,Australia the old sydney double deckers,the green and cream ones.They the blue and white modern ones replaced them.

Thanks for reading this topic.Please join this topic.
Regards Chris.

Sadsack

Wow 'On the Buses'

Postby Sadsack » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:01 am

I can remember shows like that but the ones that I still like to catch on repeat tv are the Carry On films, I know they might seem a bit silly now but a rainy cold Scottish Sunday afternoon in front of the log burner they are just the ticket!
I helped to clear my mums stuff after she had died and we found all our old toys which was great, my mum was a manic depressant and it meant a lot to me that she might have not been able to remember a lot of our childhood due to her medication and electric shock treatment but she kept the broken boxes and my dolls....

mariareese

Postby mariareese » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:01 am

I remembered that I gone to a girl home for meet her to share our feeling, and that day I won just because she were also feel as same as I feel for her. That was my best day of my entire life ..

Last edited by mariareese on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

WillieWillieHH

Postby WillieWillieHH » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:23 am

i remember sneaking out to the backyard to play hide and sick my best freiend in the middle of the nigh. it's so much fun :)

emily67

Postby emily67 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:38 pm

flying saucers.

they were these sweets you'd get and they were delicious

funnily enough, last week, we were able to find some- and it was a nice stroll down memory lane

hot summers (hotter than they are today)

plenty of old kids shows i enjoyed. (and some still do)

Return to “Other/Miscellaneous Interests”